ARLINGTON- There are several busts to keep eyes on and some in the first round. Who are these potential busts that probably should wait a year before starting? Here are several players that might struggle in the NFL.
1. Lamar Jackson- Quarterback- Wyoming- The Jackson hype is really difficult to understand. He doesn’t have the look of a quarterback. If he improves his throwing velocity, then this prediction will be proven incorrect. He needs to put a little mustard on his throws. He looks like a bust right now though.
2. Denzel Ward- Cornerback- Ohio State- This will get some heated reaction but Ward’s lack of strength will be an issue. Cornerbacks require more speed than strength but defensive backs have to nail receivers on 50/50 passes. Ward needs to bulk up so he can be effective.
3. Josh Allen- Quarterback- Wyoming- Browns fans don’t want to hear this but Allen is either bust or boom. There won’t be any middle ground with him. His inability to be accurate is a concern. The rocket arm, size and mobility are undeniable. However, he needs to work on ball placement.
4. Ronald Jones II- Running Back- USC- Jones II has the ability to make the big plays. However, his lean frame is a huge concern. One bad hit and his season is over.
5. Josh Rosen- Quarterback- UCLA- Rosen’s skills are not questionable at all. The issue is the concussions. Will Rosen play 10+ years or will he have to retire early because of more concussions? Hopefully Rosen stays healthy.
6. Vita Vea- Defensive Tackle- Washington- Vea is a tough player to figure out. He is a huge, monster defensive tackle yet is inconsistent like former Huskies Defensive Tackle Danny Shelton. The team that selects Vey is going to need to help him be quick on his feet.
7. Sam Darnold- Quarterback-USC- Darnold is also hard to figure out. He has great strength but the accuracy issues are evident. He throws too many interceptions. In addition to concerns about turnovers, USC quarterbacks rarely succeed in the NFL.