Washing your face with facial cleanser, using a soft towel to dry it, and applying a moisturizer when it’s too dry are normal regime people usually do for skin care, but it’s not enough. To have healthy and glowing skin, you should use skin toners for it to help rinse and rebalance the pH level of the skin.
It also helps prevent skin problems and makes your skin look healthy, glowing, fresh and young.
Moreover, a skin toner helps remove excess oil, dirt, and sebum from the skin pores, shrink skin pores and make your skin fresher and healthier. There are many types of skin with their problems, and each type requires a particular toner which perfectly suits your skin and helps cure your problems.
The toners you buy in the market often contain many chemicals which can destroy your natural, flawless skin.
Alternatively, you can make your suitable skin toner at home with totally natural materials. This natural home skin toner is not only safe, cheap but also effective for healthy and glowing skin.
1. Toners for Oily Skin
If you have an oily skin, the homemade toners below to remove excess oil and close large skin pores. These skincare products also help to lower the pH level, reduce inflammation and acne in oily skin thanks to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory features.
Remedy 1 – Lavender Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar & Green Tea
Green tea is widely known as an effective skin care ingredient which helps reduce acne problems, pimples, blemishes and dark spots on your skin due to anti-inflammatory feature. Lavender oil contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help deal with acne breakouts and inflammation. Apple cider vinegar in this toner works on removing excess oil and decreasing the pH level of your skin.
• Lavender oil: a few drops (optional)
• Tea tree oil: some drops (optional)
• Steeped green tea: ¾ cup
• Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar: ¼ cup.
• Put a green tea bag into a ¾ cup of boiling water to steep it, then pour the steeped tea into a jar.
• Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar into the tea and mix well. You can add some drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil if you want.
• Clean your face as usual.
• Dip a cotton pad in the toner and gently apply it to your face.
• Don’t wash off the toner, let it dry naturally.
Use this toner twice a day for at least ten days to get satisfying results. Store the toner in a fridge for later using.
Remedy 2 – Cucumber
Cucumber is necessary for removing sebum, dirt and dead skin cells from your skin and shrinking your skin pores due to its natural astringent properties. Cucumber also contains vitamin C, which helps balance the oil in your skin and protects your skin from over oiliness and dryness.
• Cucumber: 1 fruit
• Water: 2 cups.
• Wash the cucumber, then chop it into small pieces.
• Put chopped cucumber and 2 cups of water into a pan.
• Boil until there’s a half of water left.
• Let it cool down.
• Blend it with a clean blender. The result is a natural homemade cucumber toner.
• Store it in a container.
When using, immense cotton ball in the toner and apply it to your face twice a day after rinsing.
2. Toners for Normal Skin
If you have dry or oily skin, these toners will protect your skin from over dryness or oiliness, remain the proper pH level, and moisturize it deeply. Moreover, these toners will help you get rid of acne and pimples, treat inflammation and redness, and reduce age-related problems in your skin, make your skin always look fresh, young and glowing.
Remedy 1 – Aloe Vera, Peppermint Oil & Cucumber
Aloe vera is rich in antibacterial properties, so it helps you get rid of acne breakouts and pimples. Moreover, it boosts skin cell to regenerate to delay skin aging, make your skin always look young. Cucumber in this toner plays as a hydrating agent and provides you a soothing sensation due to its cooling effect. It also balances the pH levels of your skin and avoids excess oiliness or dryness.
Peppermint oil helps to control the oiliness of your skin to prevent acne problem. Using peppermint regularly helps refresh and cool your skin while rose essential oil contains many excellent properties which help refresh your skin effectively. Moreover, this oil is rich in astringent properties to cure acne-prone skin. The anti-inflammatory feature in this oil also assists in soothing inflammation and redness.
• Cucumber: 1 medium size one.
• Peppermint oil: 5 drops.
• Aloe vera leaf gel.
• Blend and filter to make cucumber juice and pour it into a jar.
• Add aloe vera gel and peppermint oil to the juice and mix well.
• Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
• Spray the toner to your facial skin, leave it for 5 – 10 minutes,
• Rinse your face with clean water.
The rest of the toner can be stored in the fridge for a week for later using.
Remedy 2 – Rose Water, Chamomile Essential Oil & Geranium Oil
Using rose water every day helps you have healthy and clear skin. Thanks to excellent properties, rose water helps balance the pH level of the skin. It also cleans out excess oil and dirt in your skin. Moreover, it makes your skin softer and look natural glow and healthy. Chamomile essential oil refreshes your skin and keeps it young and strong thanks to strengthening, regenerating and repairing properties. Geranium oil possibly treats many different skin disorders like eczema, acne, dermatitis, rashes, fungal infections, etc. The homemade toner make of three ingredients above gives you healthy and glowing skin, keeps your skin young, refreshing and strong.
• Rose water: 6 tablespoons.
• Chamomile essential oil: 1 drop.
• Geranium oil: 1 drop.
• Add chamomile essential oil and geranium oil to rose water.
• Pour it into a spray bottle and shake well to mix them perfectly.
• Wash your face and spray the toner to your skin.
• Use it twice a day.
3. Toners for Dry Skin
The problem of over dryness will make your face look aged, unappealing and flaky. Moreover, it also leads to itching, redness, and tears in your skin. These homemade toners containing essential nutrients will help you treat the dryness and related problems, moisturize and balance the pH level of your skin, give you a healthy, hydrate and charming skin.
Remedy 1 – Rose Water & Glycerin
Rose water helps increase the pH level of your skin, makes it look fresh and glowing. It also helps to remove dirt and residual grime without causing dryness to your skin. So, it keeps the skin fresh and hydrated. Cool rose water helps shrink large skin pores, too. On the other hand, glycerin hydrates your facial skin and makes it feel lithe. Moreover, it penetrates deeply and gives your skin the durable hydration.
• Rose water: 2 tablespoons.
• Glycerin: 1 teaspoon.
• Pour the rose water into a spray bottle.
• Add glycerin to the rose water, mix well.
• Spray the toner gently to your facial skin. Alternatively, you can pour it into a jar, immense a cotton pad in, and apply it to your face.
Use this toner every day before using a moisturizer. This homemade toner can be stored in the fridge for ten days for later using.
Remedy 2 – Cucumber, Raw Milk & Coconut Water
Coconut water will make your skin hydrated as it is an excellent natural moisturizer. Raw milk contains vitamin D which promotes the collagen production in the dry skin and hydrates the skin deeply. Moreover, milk is rich in magnesium which helps slow down the aging process of your skin, avoid blemishes and wrinkles. Cucumber is also an effective hydrating ingredient due to its high amounts of water in the component.
• Raw milk: ¼ cup
• Coconut water: ¼ cup
• A cucumber.
• Peel and slice the cucumber and then blend it.
• Extract to get cucumber juice.
• Add raw milk and coconut water to the juice and mix well.
• Store the toner in a glass bottle.
• Immense a cotton ball in the toner and apply it to your skin.
• Let it dry naturally and clean off with fresh water.
These toners are made from totally natural ingredients, so, they take care of your skin naturally, safely and gently, even for sensitive skin. If you have any allergic symptoms or side effects, stop using it and go to see the doctor. Make sure that you’re not allergic to any ingredients in these toners before using.
The article has given you some ways to make DIY skin toner for each type of skin. Thanks to excellent properties, these toners will give you a healthy and glowing skin, which makes you always look refreshing, young, and charming. Follow these remedies and make your suitable DIY toner to take care of your skin, you’ll look better and more attractive with healthy and glowing skin.
Author Bio: This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with many years of experience in searching the best effective remedies for health and beauty issues.