If you are like most people, the first thing you notice when meeting a new individual is the condition of their skin. Some people think that acne is only a skin condition that affects teenagers, but this is not the cases. There are thousands of people out there who struggle with adult acne on a daily basis. The key to managing this skin condition is working with knowledgeable professionals, like the ones at London Dermatology Centre. These professionals will be able to give you the information needed to find the best treatments to address your skin issues. Here are some of the things you need to consider when trying to properly treat your adult acne.
- The Ingredients of the Skin Treatment in Question
When attempting to find the right skin treatment for your acne, you need to pay close attention at the ingredients these treatments contain. The following are some of the chemicals an effective treatment will need to have.
- Salicylic Acid- One of the most important ingredients that an effective acne treatment will need is a salicylic acid. This acid works to exfoliate and unclog your pores at the same time.
- Benzoyl Peroxide- This chemical actually works to kill the acne bacteria on your skin. Since this chemical is known to dry out the face, it is best to use it sparingly.
- Sulfur- Skin treatments that contain sulfur will work by drawing out the oil contained in your skin. You will need to also use treatments with sulfur in them sparingly due to the fact that routine treatments can dry out your skin.
- Retinol- This chemical is a vitamin A derivative. The skin will absorb it and then convert it into retinoic acid. Due to its collagen building properties, this chemical is also used in a number of anti-aging treatments.
- Exfoliating is Important
One of the most important things you can do to get rid of acne breakouts is to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. Most dermatologists recommend using Glycolic acid to exfoliate with due to the effectiveness it has. You will also need to find a skin treatment that soaks into your skin to prevent future breakouts from happening. By working with a knowledgeable skin care professional, you should have no problem getting the right treatment chosen with ease.
- Keep a Spot Treatment Handy
If you start to notice the early stages of an acne breakout, using a spot treatment is a great idea. When it comes to getting rid of a pimple in a hurry nothing quite beats treatments with Benzoyl Peroxide in them. By using a treatment with this chemical, you can dry out the spot where the pimple is and kill the bacteria within it. Using these types of spot treatments on a regular basis will usually lead to massive dry patches of skin forming on your face. Consult with your dermatologist before using a spot treatment for your acne to ensure you make the best choice for your particular skin type.
- Use Products Designed to Fight Skin Inflammation
Skin inflammation is usually one of the key components that will lead to an adult acne breakout. Finding a treatment that is specifically designed to fight this inflammation is essential. A treatment that is rich in antioxidants can help to calm the irritation your skin has with ease. When trying to find a treatment, look for one with ergothioneine in it. This compound is typically found in mushrooms and is great for repairing skin cells that are damaged.
- Find a Reputable Dermatologist
While there are a number of skin treatments available over the counter, you will need to seek out the help of a dermatologist. These skin care professionals can help you find out what is causing these breakouts and get you an effective treatment to combat the underlying cause.
If you are tired of having skin problems and need help, contact London Dermatology Centre. They will be able to help you combat your skin issues by finding effective treatments for you to use.