The advent of the Euro pallet has revolutionized the packaging industry as the equipment helps in shipping several products of varied sizes over distances. The pallet comprises of a flat base that is used in the supply chain for the transportation of the goods. The equipment is ideal for assembling, storing and handling the different product varieties.
The materials from the forklifts, pallet jacks, or conveyors have to be transferred to the pallets for their transportation from one place to another. The whole process is easy, seamless and highly convenient. Also, pallets serve as a unit of measure as they contain a definite number of units. In order to secure the system when using the pallets, a stretched wrap is placed around the goods.
Since their introduction, the pallets have evolved over a period of time. They are now bigger and available in different sizes to accommodate products of different specifications. The establishment of Euro standards is welcomed by the users because of the several related advantages.
One of the most important advantages of using the pallets is that they provide portability to the users. Items can be divided into small pieces for their transfer over long distances. Gone are the days when packaging was a problem because, in present times, pallets are providing a range of solutions to the users. Additionally, secured handling of the products goes a long way in preventing them from getting damaged. Also, you do not have to worry about the shipment process as the goods are packed in a safe and secure manner.
- Palettes have become popular because of their strong features. They are far stronger than the good old cardboard boxes and plastic wrappers. The lighter objects are stackable over the heavier ones on the pallets to optimize space in the container.
- Since the contents are off the ground, they are not prone to pulls and pressures. In addition, the products do not come into contact with water and debris.
- Majority of pallets are reusable, therefore, they can be sent back to the manufacturers for recycling purposes.
- The use of palettes lower the cost of doing business with suppliers, thereby, reducing your overhead expenses by a considerable margin. A single pallet can be used many times before it is treated for wear and tear of the wood.
Weight and size:
- Despite huge strength, the pallets are light in weight and available in different sizes. There are tall stacks in which goods can be stored without occupying the horizontal space.
- Using the pallets, you can stock a large number of goods in small-sized warehouses.
- One of the most vital benefits of using pallets is that they are easy-to-carry and facilitate the loading and unloading process.
- The 21st century is marked by the rise of sustainable business or in other words, it means that commercial activities should not harm the environment.
- Pallets are crucial in the supply chain process because they can be recycled several times before being discarded due to wear and tear.
Immune to moisture
- Wooden Euro pallets that are used for packaging the goods do not wither away due to moisture. In fact, the material is treated at a higher temperature to make it immune to water.
- Euro Pallets are as hard but lightweight as well.
- Weight pallets are an integral part of the business in the modern world.
- The use of chemicals while making the pallets ensures that the wood is able to withstand heavy usage over a period of time.
One can also dismantle the wooden pallets and configure them according to the requirements and specifications.