Marketing on social media is one of the most effective means of promoting a business or brand. Each day, millions of people surf social media platforms to source for information, link up with friends, or just spend their leisure time.
Facebook, which is arguably the most popular social media platform, has more than 2 billion users. It is said that if Facebook was a country it would be the most populous in the world. This makes it, and other social media platforms, a rich source of a potential market.
Social media marketing offers tremendous advantages over other forms of digital marketing and traditional marketing for mobile app development company. They are cheaper, easier to set up, offers an instant way to reach customers, and give global reach.
There are different reasons a mobile app development company will adopt social media campaign. it could be to increase brand awareness, generate more sales, or increase customer loyalty.
Below are some guidelines and tips that can increase your chance of running a successful social media campaign during mobile app development;
1. Identify your goals: If you don’t know where you are going, how would you know when you get there. The first step towards a successful social media campaign is the identification of the brand’s goals. What is the reason behind the social media campaign? Is it to increase social media followers?
Or to improve brand awareness? Mobile app development company need to, first of all, identify what they want their campaign to achieve. Only after then can they begin to set up the modalities for the attainment of that goal.
2. Identify the right channels: After you have identified your campaign goals next is to choose the social media platforms or channels that you would use to connect with your audience for the attainment of that goal.
The marketing platform you would choose will be determined by the nature of your mobile app development company and your target audience.
Take for instance, if you run a cosmetic brand or any other business that deals heavily on visuals, a great platform to promote your business would be Instagram or Pinterest, Twitter would not be such a great idea.
Find a social network platform that supports your type of content and has a good population of your type of audience.
3. Engage with your campaign participants: When you begin to run your campaign you will begin to get comments and shares and other forms of engagements on your channels. For a successful social media campaign, it is important to make an effort to comment or like most of these submissions, particularly those with positive tones.
This helps to build better relationship and trust between your mobile app development company and your audience and also encourage others to converse with your brand. Your activity on your channel validates your social presence.
4. Run pilot campaign: Running pilot campaign is a good way to ascertain the effectiveness of your main campaign. It is advised that before you begin any major campaign you run a pilot campaign for a couple of days or a week.
This allows you to test different ads, messages or targeting options.
A/B testing is one of the most popular ways of testing the effectiveness of a mobile app development company campaign. In A/B test, two very similar ads with few variants are promoted to an equal number of audience. At the end of the test period, the ad with the most conversion is declared the winner and is then used.
5. Target your specific audience: One reason social media is so invaluable is the sheer wealth of data that it harbors. User information including their demographics, likes, dislikes, interest etc, is over time stored on these platforms. Mobile app development company can take advantage of this wealth of data to make their campaign more targeted.
They could target a specific group of people based on their location or purchasing behavior. This data allows for easy prediction of customer behavior. A business or brand that can easily predict customer purchasing behavior will have better results.
6. Use powerful call-to-action: Call to action is the prompt or push that the audience needs to make a positive action.
Despite how glaring your message may be if you fail to include a call to action you may as well be advertising nothing. Call to action is where you tell your readers or audience what you want them to do; this could be to visit your website, sign up for a newsletter, view your products etc.
In every of your social media campaigns ensure that there is a clear message of what you want your audience to do when they see your ads.
7. Track results: When you run campaigns on any of the major social media platforms you are presented with statistics about your campaign, this will include the number of views, clicks, visit etc. Although these numbers are good, it is still not enough to determine if a campaign was a success or a failure.
You will need more tools to ascertain not just the effectiveness of your campaign but also the result.
A good example of such tool is Facebook conversion tracking. This is used to determine how many visits from Facebook actually generated a conversion and at what cost. A regular Facebook stat would have just told the number of visits.
8. Don’t go too hard: Social media platforms were created for socialization, business promotion is only but a secondary function. This means that most people go there to have fun and let their hair loose and not to get all serious.
For a successful social media campaign, mobile app development company need to bear this important tip in mind and learn not to push too hard for a business promotion. You have to find a subtle way of keeping your audience engaged and socially pleased while at the same time promote your business. This can be through the use of discounts and special offers.
9. Try out new and emerging platforms: Although the most popular social media platforms often have the biggest audience, it is still worth it to try out new, emerging platforms. A good example of where this has worked is with Coca-Cola and Musical.ly. Musical.ly is a platform where teenagers create and share their music videos. Coca-Cola ran it Share a Coke campaign on Musical.ly and generated more than 900,000 Musical.ly videos and garnered more than 134 million views.
10. Know when to stop: Although social media is a very effective means of reaching new customers and making more sales, it won’t necessarily work for all businesses. There will be cases where despite the resources pumped into the campaign, the conversion rate will be quite poor.
If after several campaigns you still are not getting the expected returns, then perhaps you need to consider other avenues of marketing.
Author Bio: Melissa Crooks is a content writer who writes for Hyperlink Infosystem, a mobile app development company based in USA & India that holds the best team of skilled and expert app developers. She is a versatile tech writer and loves exploring latest technology trends, entrepreneur and startup columns.