Today marked a busy day for the NBA with the featured story being that LeBron James has decided to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers after spending his last four seasons with the Miami Heat.
There were also several trades today one involving Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin and the other Sacramento Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas got sent to the Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade deal, Chris Bosh re-signed in Miami and the Golden State Warriors officially announced the signing of Shaun Livingston.
- James going back to Cleveland has meant in eight hours the team sold out of season tickets and opens up the possibility of acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Lin got traded to the Los Angeles Lakers along with a first-round pick
- Thomas signed a four-year $27 million dollar contract and was shipped to the Suns and the Kings received center Alex Oriakhi and a $7 million trade exception. Last season Thomas averaged a career-high 20.3 points and averaged 6.3 assists.
- Bosh decided to stay with the Heat signing a five-year $118 million dollar contract.
- The Warriors officially announced the signing of Livingston to a three-year $16 million dollar deal.
Earlier signings include:
Steve Blake returning to the Portland Trail Blazers who also signed Chris Kaman, Jordan Farmer signing with the Los Angeles Clippers along with Spencer Hawes, Kyle Lowry re-signing with the Toronto Raptors and Rudy Gay choosing to stay in Sacramento.
Carmelo Anthony has yet to make his decision on where he will sign and there’s rumors that the Chicago Bulls are after Dwayne Wade.