Are you struggling to find something to watch now that your favorite shows are off tv? We’ve got you covered with a few movies or shows you might enjoy on Netflix this month:
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: If you’re caught up on what happened between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope then catch up with Rogue One. The prequel -esque sequel tells the story of the Rebel Alliance scheme to steal plans for the Death Star. Praise for the film claims it as the best film since Episode IV, puts a nice bow on the missing pieces in the story.
2. Baby Daddy: If you’re looking for a family friendly comedy then start here. Imagine 80’s 3 Men and a Baby made into a sitcom. Similar to a show you’d find on TGIF programming in the 90s, it may not be the best comedy on tv but will be good for a few chuckles here and there.
3. GLOW: Netflix’s latest original programming hit the streaming service last month. GLOW tells the story of the rise of women’s wrestling in the 1980s and is inspired by the show of the same name. This 10 episode story looks and feels just like it should. Each episode felt like I was actually watching a women’s wrestling match, awkward and out of place. Luckily for Netflix, it’s a comedy. It won’t top the list of your favorite Netflix originals, but it’s worth the watch.
4. iZombie: There are two types of shows that rarely fail, cop shows and zombie shows. iZombie has the favor of being both. Another comic book show that is nothing like it’s superhero counterparts. Now in its third season, it’s a welcomed break up to the usual CW shows. Each season has improved from the season before, and if you’re a fan of the first 2 seasons, season 3 is available July 4th.
5. Bad Santa 2: The original Bad Santa is one of the funniest Christmas movies to date, so why wouldn’t we want a sequel. Unfortunately, nothing about BS2 screamed rush to the theater to see. Now that it’s out on a streaming service, it may be worth a try. Most of the original cast returned for the sequel so it very well could be just as good as the first. However, as with most comedy sequels, they’ll more than likely push too hard to force jokes to live up to the original. But, if rude, raunchy, comedy is your thing than Bad Santa 2 might be right up your alley.
6. Castlevania: If you grew up in the 1980s and had a Nintendo Entertainment System, you more than likely have played Castlevania. One of the more iconic games of its time has been brought to television with the animated series on Netflix. Castlevania follows a vampire hunting family, the Belmonts, and has become widely popular spawning a total of 31 different games. Now Netflix looks to recreate similar success to their revival of another classic animated show, Voltron. Netflix has been known to hit pay dirt with their original content so you can expect at least a halfway decent show. Castlevania will premiere on the streaming service July 7th.
From the Vault movies:
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
The Mighty Ducks