Shade cloth is an accessory used to protect outdoor areas of a house from sun and wind. It is made using weaving fabric like polyester or other material like aluminium. Shade cloth has resilience, strength, elasticity, and toughness to resist climatic disturbances such as moisture or excessive heat. Due to such desirable attributes, shade cloth finds numerous applications in various facets of daily life.
Shade cloth protects plants from the harmful effects of radiation in the solar. It is applied over greenhouses so that they remain cool during summers. The presence of Shade cloth over greenhouses saves water as well as energy. Shade cloth also protects livestock. Shade cloths are best for frigid areas which are vulnerable to fog or snow.
The commercial significance of Shade cloth was first realized in Australia where climatic adversities are quite prevalent. The plants are hence vulnerable to daily or seasonal variations like excess hot or cold. Over the years different variations of shade cloth are used in different parts of Australia. Shade cloth Melbourne has many useful traits like durability and resistance to UV rays.
Ideal Properties of Shade Cloth
Before selecting shade cloth, a user must ensure that it has the following properties.
1. Resistance to Ultraviolet radiation
2. Toughness and material strength ( made of strong fabric)
3. Tearing resistance
4. Colour consistency
Types of Shade Cloth
There are different types of shade cloths available in the market. They are
Knitted shade cloth: It is made of lightweight polythene. It is easy to install and is also quite durable and resistant to Ultra violet rays. It also provides protection to horticultural plants from chemicals and detergents. It is weather and moisture proof. Knitted shade cloth fabric allows airflow to keep you cooler. For all such properties, it is used for a variety of applications like shade house and greenhouses.
Woven shade cloth: Woven shade cloth is made of 100% Polypropylene. It has UV resistance and can tolerate excessive exposure to intense solar rays.
Woven shade is used for the following applications
1. Privacy screens/ windscreens
2. Patios for providing protection
3. Protecting solar panels for enhanced efficiency
4. Covering pet houses
Applications of Shade Cloth Melbourne
Shade cloth serves the Following Applications
1. Domestic: Shade cloth protects the home from wind, storms, heat effects or rain. Shade cloth is used as shading covering for swimming pools in townships.
2. Horticultural: Being UV resistant, shade cloth protects florid plants from harmful ultraviolet rays, helping to retain their freshness and fragrance.
3. Commercial: Shade cloth is used in many shops especially in hot summer days to protect valuable property from sun damage.
4. Industrial: Shade cloth is used to cover greenhouses. Greenhouses can thus stay moderate and cool even in torrid conditions. Shade cloth can also be used in designing safety enclosures around construction sites and industrial set ups.
5. Sport: Shade cloth is used in stadiums of Australia, to provide safety against weather conditions like intense heat or cold swings, rain, storms, etc.
6. Agricultural: Shade cloth is used to enable healthy plant growth by acting as a protective shield against solar heat or dangerous UV radiations. Shade cloth permeates water. Hence, rainwater, sprinkled water, irrigation water can pass through for watering the crops and plants. In addition, shade cloth also safeguards livestock. Shade cloth is used in plant and shrub nurseries.
Shade Cloth Installation Accessories
Different accessories are required for installing shade cloth. Some of these are
1. Timber fasteners
2. Timber studs
3. Butterfly clips
4. Tie wraps
5. Roll up blind kit
6. Roll shade cloth cutter