Let it never be said that romance will ever go out of fashion. Numerous trends on numerous topics and aspects have come and gone over the years, but very few manage to stand the test of time overall. Romance, in general, is certainly one of them, but what exactly is it that makes it so appealing across the board? Well, one of the main facts is that it is not one of those things that is restricted to a certain age bracket. Apart from that, in the best of cases, romance actually becomes stronger between two people as the years pass by. Although this may sound excessively cheesy to a lot of people out there, there are enough instances to prove it to be true.
When someone is asked what the most sought-after place for love is, one can be sure of the fact that almost 80-90% of the people will end up saying “Paris”. And why not? It has earned the reputation of being the romantic capital for several decades on end now. However, with the coming of the age of the Internet in the last 1-2 decades, general awareness of many underrated romantic getaways have led people to go to those locations instead. This is not to say that Paris is no longer on the list of most couples out there, but there are certainly many more cheaper and affordable options available to all.
All in all, there are a vast array of options available and for most couples out there, things couldn’t be better. That is for sure. When it comes to old couples, there are indeed a few privy locations that nothing can beat. After all, in today’s day and age, everything is about the pairing of comfort and exclusivity. This includes the option of even a few elegant housing options such as Brickhouse Farm Cottages. Amongst all, old couples would much prefer going to locations that are not very popular as compared to younger couples who would be eager to tick off the top 20 romantic destinations off their list. Having said that, here is a detailed list of all the top five romantic destinations for all the elderly couples out there: –
- Charleston, South Carolina: Now this hasn’t been named the best regional city two years in a row for nothing. You can be sure of that. Some of the most prime attractions in the city such as Gibbes Museum of Art and the Fort Sumter National Monument even offer senior discounts. Not to mention the fact that all accommodation in the spring and fall months are extremely cheap and reasonable. There are an array of festivals that one can attend throughout the year as well.
- The Maritimes, Canada: For those who are unaware, the Maritimes are basically the eastern provinces of Canada, namely Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. In all the three areas, one can rest assured of the fact that there is really no shortage of outdoor and fun activities such as whale watching and peaceful boating.
- Plymouth, Massachusetts: For senior history enthusiasts, rest assured that this place is a true haven of its own. Apart from having one of the oldest museums in the world displaying all the artifacts that arrived with the Mayflower, there are many old-fashioned 17th century houses that one can visit as well. If you are looking for a trip that is a bit out of the ordinary, this is the place to go to.
- Tenerife, Canary Islands: Now this is one location that you will not see on many of the romantic getaway lists out there. It has warm and pleasant weather throughout the year and travellers can reach the island from a good 180 cities. In order to avoid the crowds, it is advised that you hit this island paradise in spring and fall.
- Mazatlan, Mexico: Apart from extremely affordable prices that the city offers the year around, this picturesque getaway is appealing to both the party and elderly crown alike. And why shouldn’t it be? Some of the beaches are stunningly beautiful and there are all sorts of water sports that one can indulge themselves in, as well as hiking and bird-watching.
At the end of the day, you need to ensure that you have a lasting and wonderful time overall, regardless of your choice of a romantic getaway. That should be your number one priority instead of treating the above locations as some sort of checklist of things to tick off. That approach sounds very idealistic, but unfortunately, that is not how life works. That will certainly not serve your purpose and moreover, this approach is more likely to make you and your partner more unhappy in the long run.
Ultimately, make sure that you go somewhere because you actually want to, not because it is the next big popular hub to go to or that everyone else is recommending it. That does not necessarily mean that you will like it. Do your own homework about the place at hand and make sure that it fits all of your needs in general. That is the most important fact that you need to keep in mind, plus the fact that when retired, one certainly has the luxury of time that they never had in the past. This will ensure that you save a considerable amount of money while travelling, so why not use it to its fullest potential and treat yourself to an exotic, budget-friendly destination during the off-season?