Children with a taste for music and dance begin to toe-tap when they hear music from their early years. As they grow up, they enjoy dance or music videos they develop a taste for dance and music.
Children are generally unable to understand the meaning of songs, but they like to participate in the dance competitions accompanied by various music. Sometime, they imitate the dance forms from the television and movies also. So now you can arrange their dance class after their school schedule, or you can provide them some kids’ dance class coaches by professional dancers during the summer vacation.
Through these dance classes, your children will get some relief from their academic burden, and they can also stay healthy and energetic through these physical activities.
Why Kids Dance Classes Have Become Important for the New-Age Lifestyle?
- Most urban children, confined within the walls of their homes, usually have high calorie food and yet have no vistas to expend their energy. Consumption of these high calorie foods is one reason for development of disorders like ADHD.
- Apart from the need to teach the child a particular art form, these dance classes have begun to address larger issues like behavioral problems by channelizing their boundless energy to contain truancy and fidgetiness as well as reach their developmental milestones.
- Their interaction with others in the dance class also helps build confidence, make new friends, and develop their social interaction skills. Dance classes help children develop a closer bond with the teacher as they are engaging in an activity that is exciting and filled with fun and laughter.
Dance helps strengthen children’s posture and balance. The movements and postures help strengthen and tone the muscles of the arms, legs, feet, ankles and torso. Also, exertion during dance classes challenges their heart and lungs to perform at a higher level and can thus help in rectifying minor anomalies.
What Are the Other Advantages of Kids Dance Classes?
- They learn to follow instructions, steps, and routines. These kids dance classes will improve their social and behavioral skills and they will get to know social decency through these classes.
- They learn about obedience and discipline. Through these dance classes they will get to know the coordination between their body and mind. They can learn about several dance forms, and they might also get an additional career option to become a professional dancer in future.
Major Advantages for Parents and Kids:
Kids dance classes also comes to the rescue of working parents during vacations as these dance classes can help kids remain engaged during the day when parents are out of home for their work. In these vacation dance classes, many schools offer other creative training classes like arts and crafts, active learning, story telling, creative play, etc.
- Kids dance classes are being conducted by dance professionals, dance schools, as well as nonprofit organizations. Most of these classes have their information shared in the internet, either as websites or in their respective community groups. These classes enroll students to their classes based on age and go on to channelize them into a specific dance form depending on how the catch up and perform.
- These dance schools also undertake short term crash courses for stage performance in schools, church, or other community events. They teach all types of classical dances, hip hop, contemporary dances, and even flash mobs.
As far as the elderly is concerned, the benefits of dance classes are multifold. These classes give them much needed social group support. It improves their physical fitness. It improves their morale and confidence by taking part in such recreational activities.