As the WWE has put the Great Balls of Fire behind them, the blue brand gets to now build towards their final pay-per-view, Battleground, before Summerslam. WWE Smackdown Live is from the AT&T Center in Texas this week. It will be interesting to see how they are able to build this card up and not make it look like a throwaway.
Here are some pointers that the WWE Smackdown brand needs to address
- Since AJ Styles won the United States title, what do they now do with both him and Owens.
- AJ Styles won the US title from Kevin Owens at a house show at Madison Square Garden in New York City. It seems more than likely that Kevin Owens will invoke his rematch clause. It will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on an episode of Smackdown or wait until Battleground
- The build for the WWE title
- Randy Orton has been feuding with Jinder Mahal since he dropped the belt to him at Backlash. It was already announced that the two will fight once again at the Battleground pay-per-view in a Punjab Prison match. It will be interesting to see how they go about this.
- Who will start a feud with Naomi for the Woman’s title
- Naomi has been holding the Smackdown title since WrestleMania and it has been fair so far. She is sort of feuding with Lana over the belt, but I feel that the current feud will be done soon. So now the WWE needs to figure out what way they go towards Battleground.
If you would like to watch it online, here is the information you will need:
Date: July 11
Time: 8:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Channel- USA Network
Online- www.usanetwork.com/videos/live (Once you are on the site, you will be prompted to put your TV information in for the app to watch it live. It is free)