By Daisy Andrew
Shipping your car overseas can be done best with the help of the professional freight companies for the best services. Although we say professional help could just make the most secured and hassle free transport.
- Most of the time while shipping our cars overseas we tend to make a lot of mistakes and hence pay the price with our most favorite vehicle.
- Before choosing the shipping companies, you need to check their license and you need to prepare your car for the overseas shipping purpose.
- When you choose the shipping company to transport your car to some overseas location, you need to consult with the custom offices, or else you can also talk to the shipping company regarding these things and they will prepare the same for you.
5 mistakes to avoid when you ship your car overseas:
1. Mistake- considering only the price factor of the freight company
Most of us tend to only consider the factors related to pricing while choosing the most suited company i.e. the most suited company depends on the pricing of the company only. When you choose the overseas shipping company, you need to consider their price range according to their shipment process. They must provide the insurance for your shipment and they must maintain the custom guidelines for the shipment. The thing that should be most importantly taken into account is the fact that customs rules are different for different countries and therefore you must have a good idea about the experience of the selected company in overseas shipping to that country.
2. Mistake- not giving due importance to the entire quote
Most of us tend to ignore reading the entire quote and thus end up paying more than their best price. You need to read the whole of the agreement and the entire quote and get a clear idea. There are certain things like destination port fee, terminal handling charges, etc. that are generally not included within the given quote. Therefore before choosing the best quote, calculating the total costing of your shipment is essential. Ask the company related to these charges and clear about their payment structure before hiring.
3. Mistake-not preparing your car well before shipping
One of the biggest mistakes that, we do while shipping overseas our cars is the fact that we do not get them ready properly before shipping. But the question arises here as to what preparations are really required for the process. But in the process of preparing all you need to do is to clean up your car properly and get it locked up and serviced and get properly photographed for the purpose of reference in case of any confusion.
4. Mistake-fill your car with loads
Firstly, you need not have regretted this if you had gone through the quote in details as already said and secondly the cost of the shipment is calculated on the basis of the weight of the shipment and therefore as we tend to transfer more things with our car we end up paying a lot of extra charges for the extra weight which would have been controlled well.
5. Mistake-not finalizing the deal until the last moment
The father of all the mistakes is this. Most of you just narrow down your choices and wait till the last moment to finalize the deal. But that is an absolute no. your freight company will require at least a months’ notice about your shipment to avoid any last moment harassment.
So you can hire the overseas shipping company as per your requirement and do read their agreement before you finalize the deal. In this regards, you need to make your shipment as per the custom norms and the shipping company will help you regarding these documentation process.