The Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers feature the top 3 trios for fantasy football.
When fantasy football owners are drafting teams, it is important to have a creative mindset prior to selections. One creative idea is to identify the best team trios on dominant offenses. Here are a few top trios to owners may want to select if at all possible.
1. Indianapolis Colts: QB Andrew Luck, RB Frank Gore, and WR Andre Johnson
The Colts will have one of the most dominant offenses in NFL history this season. Ina quick flurry of offseason moves, the Colts signed running back Frank Gore and wide receiver Andre Johnson. All owners should be familiar with the reputation that these their players are known for their stat production and clutch playmaking. Any owner that manages to pull off the tough challenge of drafting these three playmakers should be the envy of their league.
Other top trios that could make you king of the league
2. Detroit Lions- QB Matthew Stafford, WR Calvin Johnson, WR Golden Tate
3. Green Bay Packers- QB Aaron Rodgers, WR Randall Cobb, WR Jordy Nelson
3. Denver Broncos- QB Peyton Manning, WR Demaryius Thomas, WR Emmanuel Sanders
4. Cincinnati Bengals – QB Andy Dalton, WR A.J. Green, WR Mohamed Sanu
5. Baltimore Ravens- QB Joe Flacco, WR Steve Smith, RB Justin Forsett
6. Arizona Cardinals- QB Carson Palmer, WR Larry Fitzgerald, WR Michael Floyd
Why is Carson Palmer part of a top trio? Owners should easily overlook the 1,626 passing yards. Palmer only played 6 games last year due to an ACL tear. He is a risk so draft a solid backup quarterback just in case. Palmer is entering his 13th NFL season .
Palmer threw 11 touchdowns in those games so if he can play the entire season, he could throw at least 14 touchdowns.
7. San Diego Chargers- QB Philip Rivers, WR Keenan Allen, RB Melvin Gordon (rookie)
8. Carolina Panthers- QB Cam Newton, WR Kelvim Benjamin, WR Devin Funchess (rookie)
9. Pittsburgh Steelers- QB Ben Roethlisberger, RB Le’Veon Bell, WR Antonio Brown
Caution: Try to draft another solid running back to start in Bell’s place due to his three game suspension for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy. Owners should start Bell when he returns from the suspension.
Fantasy owners should make sure they draft solid backups to take the place of a trio on a bye week.