By Susan James
Whether you want to make a better first impression or become more confident, it may be time for you to give your fashion and beauty habits an overhaul. From minor to major changes, there are different ways to improve and modernize your style.
Styling your Hair
Hair is often described as the crown that a person is naturally endowed with. The way you style your hair can have an amazing effect on your overall style. If you do not have enough time for styling, consider a haircut that is easy to maintain and style without professional help.
Ask your hairstylist about the cuts that will work for you according to your personal needs and lifestyle. Simpler hairstyles such as ponytails or sleeked back hair are low-maintenance and are ideal for virtually any situation.
Using the Right Fragrance
Whether you are going to work or getting ready for a date, your scent is vital. It is advisable to wear a fragrance that makes you smell good and fresh. People are bound to notice anyone who smells good and this leaves a good impression on them. Smelling good indicates that you take good care of yourself. A subtle amount of a good quality scent is sufficient during the day.
Caring for your Hands
A key characteristic of people who value their appearance is their nails and hands. Properly groomed hands feature well-manicured nails with neatly trimmed cuticles. Find a hand lotion or cream that helps to moisturize and keep your hands soft. If you want to use nail polish, try to change it as soon as it starts to chip and opt for softer or lighter cols for your finger nails. View Holidays in July here.
Makeup- Keep it Simple
· Good makeup is an effective way to complete your overall look. Instead of relying on layers of makeup to improve your complexion, develop a skincare routine that will restore your skin’s health and natural glow.
· Foundation serves the purpose of providing a smooth and even base while blushes and highlighters are useful for contouring the face and defining the features.
· Enhance your eyebrow shape with the right pencils and bring out your eyes with a coat of mascara.
· Choose a lip color that will make your smile look brighter and works well with the rest of your makeup.
· Figure out the essential items that you need in your wardrobe. This will enable you to create your own unique style. Whether you prefer certain jeans, dresses or shoes, you need to determine the items that are distinct aspects of your style. This makes it easier to put outfits together and know what looks good on you.
· Discard any clothing that you no longer wear or that does not flatter your figure. It is better to have a closet with a few stylish pieces than numerous items that you cannot wear.
· Your wardrobe should ideally consist of pieces that you can easily combine such as blazers and slacks, tops and jeans and different colors of your favorite shoe brand. Invest in the main pieces that you will use to upgrade your wardrobe and improve your outfits.
Author Bio: Susan James is a freelance fashion and lifestyle writer. She enjoys covering various topics and reviewing a range of beauty products to help her readers make informed choices about their purchases. For more information about Holidays in July, please go the site.