Bodybuilding is never an easy task. It takes a whole lot of workouts on a regular basis for having a perfect body and healthy muscles. We always think that steroids are taken by those people who are lazy enough to work out and want to have a body builder figure fast without any hard work. But these concepts of steroids are totally wrong. The main role of a steroid is shedding fat and gain of muscles. Consuming steroids without hitting the gym or working hard can bear no fruit.
Bodybuilders are prescribed steroids according to the different needs and requirements of their body. Steroids are of two types-
· Anabolic steroids – these are synthetic compounds which have intense body building components in them. They are modified testosterone which has the ability to provide muscle gain, boost stamina and strength and also shed fat at rapid rate.
· Corticosteroids – They are least effective in increasing body muscles. They are basically used in medical line to cure certain ailments like asthma, allergic reactions or certain major diseases like cancer and arthritis.
Here, we are going to talk about certain anabolic steroids, their uses, benefits and side effects. These steroids can also be categorized under two types- bulking steroids and fat cutting steroids.
Steroids for fat cutting
1. Winstrol – it is the most preferred steroid of the athletes which has the ability to improve their performance. It is an ultimate guide for beginners. It is also called as Stanolzolol and has been derived from DHT (Dihydrotestsosterone).
(a) Working of Winstrol – being an alternative of DHT, it is most effective in reducing sex hormones binding compound, SHBG from binding with testosterone. If binding occurs, then testosterone cannot be used as an anabolic receptor to perform its function. Thus, decrease in SHBG leaves to a good functioning of testosterone.
(b) Benefits of winstrol – it reduces water retention for increasing the vascularity in the body. Another reason is that it helps to free up testosterone from binding so that it could function as a good body retainer
(c) Side effects of winstrol – some of its side effects are insomnia, reducing good cholesterol, headaches, liver problems and suppression.
2. Trenbolone – regarded as a synthetic steroid by athletes, this is a veterinary steroid used in life stocks to increase muscle growth and appetite. It is a modification of Nandrolone compound.
(a) Working of trenbolone – it binds with the androgen receptors so that no feminine features can be promoted to the user. It also helps in rising of nitrogen retention, boosting up of testosterone levels, increase in protein synthesis and RBCs blood count.
(b) Benefits of trenbolone – it helps in stabilizing optimum temperature of the body of an athlete by increasing the metabolic rate for burning of fat. It also helps to maintain the tissue anabolic qualities. Thus, it provides a kind of endurance and muscularity to the user.
(c) Side effects of trenbolone – some of the problems cause due to its consumption are increase liver problems, insomnia, kidney stress, pancreatitis and erectile dysfunction. It might also lead to some minute effects like oily skin, excess hair growth in body and also acnes.
3. Anavar – Known as oxandrolone, it is a very mild steroid which can be tolerated by both the genders. Its main role is only to lose fat at a rapid rate.
(a) Working of Anavar – it increases the metabolic rate which in turn helps in reduction of fat at a fast rate. It helps in raid fats breakdown or lipolysis. Fats so reduced are basically reduced from the abdominal area. It also inhibits the action of thyroid binding globule.
(b) Benefits of Anavar – the only benefit from this steroid are that it increases the metabolism which helps in reduction of rate increases the breathing capacity for athletes.
(c) Side effects of Anavar – some of side effects are acne, oily skin, increase in LDL cholesterol and decrease in HDL cholesterol and some hair loss problems.
4. Clenbuterol – it can hardly be called a steroid. It is a kind of amine which is generally used for asthma treatments. But because of its fat loss properties it is used by body builders.
(a) Working of Clenbuterol – it acts as bronchodilator which opens the passage or the breathing column inside the body. Thus it increases the bodies BMR, the breathing metabolic rate.
(b) Benefits of Clenbuterol – it is generally used in veterinary purposes for increasing anabolic state in animals. It also helps in certain breathing disorders, by increasing the capacity of the lungs to carry more oxygen and the keep the cardio system of the body at its best. Due to its property to increase in BMR, it helps in increasing the energy rate which promotes working up for longer hours.
(c) Side effects of Clenbuterol – some of the major side effects caused by usage of this steroid are palpitations, tachycardia, tremors, insomnia and cardiac hypertrophy.
Steroids for bulking
1. Anadrol – it is also called as anadrol or oxymetholone. It is a very dangerous steroid which can be really hash to the health even if consumed in a mild quantity. It is the modified form of DHT with a change in the carbon position. It is either injected or swallowed.
(a) Working of anadrol – it provides all the benefits that promote the increase in testosterone levels.
(b) Benefits of anadrol – some of them are increase in red blood count, protein synthesis, testosterone levels and promoting mass growth.
(c) Side effects of anadrol – the side effects of anadrol are very serious effects and some of them are like, impotence, leukemia, shrinking balls, vomiting, cirrhosis of liver gynecomastia, cancer and jaundice.
2. Sustanon – this is a mixture of 4 different testosterone esters which was originally discovered to cure disease named hypogonadism. The four esters are- testosterone propionate, testosterone isocaproate, testosterone Phenylpropionate and testosterone decanoate.
(a) Working of sustanon – it increases the rate of muscle protein synthesis which improves the recovery rate of muscle injuries. It keeps the level of testosterone in the body constant.
(b) Benefits of anadrol – it boosts the muscle growth, loses fat and keeps the figure perfect, improves oxygenation and enhances the red blood count.
(c) Side effects of anadrol – some of the side effects are muscle pain, increase in man boobs, water retention, prostate enlargement and reduced testosterone level.
3. Dianabol – It is also known as methandrostenolone or methandienone. It is the most popular anabolic steroid mostly used by athletes in Olympics.
(a) Working of dianabol – boost nitrogen content inside the body for longer time than testosterone. Thus, due to nitrogen levels it leads to protein synthesis which keeps the body in its anabolic state.
(b) Benefits of dianabol – it increase muscles gain in body, increase in strength and stamina
(c) Side effects of dianabol – some of the dangerous side effects are reduction of natural production of testosterone, raising of estrogen level, increasing LDL(bad) cholesterol, acne and excess hair loss.
4. Deca durabolin – it is derived from Nandrolone with an extra ester, it is one of the strongest steroid to maintain an anabolic body. It is used for the treatment of osteoporosis and breast cancer.
(a) Working of Deca durabolin – it increases the protein synthesis which helps in maintaining the anabolic state of the body. It also inhibits the action of corticosteroids which leads to faster breakdown of amino acids.
(b) Benefits of Deca durabolin – it helps in boosting up collagen production, raises bone mineral contents.
(c) Side effects of Deca durabolin – some of the side effects are increase in LDL (bad) cholesterol, aggression, excess hair growth all over the body, gynecomastia, high blood pressure.