With the pace of modern life becoming ever more intense and frantic, it’s more important than ever to ensure our wellbeing and good health in order to cope with the demands made on us. While it might not always be possible to take the downtime necessary or find the time to treat ourselves to a long weekend away to unwind, it is still possible to look after our health through smart lifestyle choices and a bit of home pampering whenever possible.
If you’ve always treated having a shower as simply something you do to keep clean – think again. With modern shower cabins installed with a steam pod you can reap multiple health benefits in no time at all.
Deep Penetrating Steam
Steam penetrates the skin faster and easier than water – so as far as cleansing goes it’s not only quicker but much more effective too. Deep cleansing your skin on a regular basis offers various health benefits.
- Steam acts as a detoxifier: We all know that the environment is full of contaminants, and these result in the body accumulating a range of toxins over time. The use of steam stimulates perspiration which in turn causes the body to expel these same toxins, getting you deep-down clean.
- Steam revitalizes: Using steam generates heat in your body, and this causes skin pores to open. This has two major benefits: the release of toxins, and allowing you body to ‘breathe’ more effectively and assimilate important nutrients such as oxygen, minerals and vitamins through your skin – which makes you look more youthful and gives your skin that wonderful healthy, radiant look.
- Steam rejuvenates: When you have steam shower, the heat generated enhances the natural flow of blood throughout your body, aiding muscle relaxation and making you feel more relaxed.
- Steam stimulates your cardiovascular system: Just like when you exercise, using steam causes your heart rate to increase which enhances your metabolism, expands your blood vessels and improves cardiovascular functioning in your body.
- Steam relieves pain: Doctors have frequently suggested the use of steam showers for patients suffering from a range of ailments which benefit from steam therapy, such as rheumatoid arthritis, spinal arthritis (ankylosing spondylitis), and general aches, pains, stiffness and muscle fatigue.
- Steam enhances respiratory functioning: A bowl of steaming water has always been a common treatment for people suffering from a common cold or congestion. Steam filled air is moist and this helps unblock the respiratory tract and aid breathing.
- Steam enhances your immune system: Because steam showers cause your body temperature to increase, any bacteria or viruses are eliminated, giving your immune system a boost. This is especially effective during the cold winter months.
- Steam aids weight loss: Because having a steam shower increases your body temperature and stimulates cardiovascular activity – it plays a part in causing your body to use more calories – which can help maintain a healthy weight.
So, if you’ve ever wondered about what you can do to improve your overall health, simply having regular steam showers goes a long way to enhancing health and wellness, not to mention making you feel more energized and relaxed at the same time. Start including steam showers as part of your daily routine – and reap the benefits.
Author Bio: Jaydeep Koyani is writer and researcher, a regular contributor. He writes about décor, gardening, recycling, ecology and business. He thinks all of these topics fall under the self-improvement category. He believes in the power of sharing ideas and communicating via the internet to achieve betterment.