With the MLB trade deadline approaching, the biggest question still remains. Where will Baltimore Orioles slugger Manny Machado end up? Most experts say Machado will end up on a team that is close to winning a World Series. These are in my opinion the best five teams that would be the best fit for Machado.
5. New York Yankees. – Can you imagine Machado sandwiched somewhere is this potent lineup? Machado has expressed interest in signing with the Yankees during this upcoming free agency. Putting him between Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge just simply isn’t fair. The Yankees have a few prospects to offer the Orioles, including Justus Sheffield whom the Yankees aren’t too thrilled about letting go.
The Evil Empire would be the favorites to win the pennant and or World Series.
4. Philadelphia Phillies – This is intriguing. A young nucleus that has shown thus far that they can win now. Mix in Machado, and they probably take over the NL East for good. A veteran in Machado would raise the bar and play of the young Phils no doubt. Machado would win over the Philly fans instantly.
3. Atlanta Braves – The Braves, like the Phillies, have been a pleasant surprise this season. A few more proven vets, the Braves exemplify a lot more team leadership then the Phillies. A move here by Atlanta, would put the Braves atop the NL favorites to win the pennant.
2. Chicago Cubs – Simply put. A good fit. But at what expense? Addison Russell would be the odd man out and probably shipped to Baltimore. A devastating double play combination with Machado and second baseman Javier Baez would have fans at Wrigley Field jumping out of their seats. The Cubs aren’t going anywhere. The problem is that their offense can go stagnant at times. With Machado plugged into the lineup, consistency would get better.
1. Los Angeles Dodgers – The most logical fit. With All-Star shortstop and two-time silver slugger award winner Corey Seager out for the season recovering from Tommy John surgery, The reigning NL Champions have finally found their stride after a 16-28 start. The Dodgers understand what getting Machado means. If they part ways with a couple of their top prospects, it’ll be because there’s just no playing time in sight soon at the MLB level. The Orioles have expressed interest in outfielder Alex Verdugo, and right-handed pitcher Yadier Alvarez. If the Dodgers pull this off, they will be the favorites to repeat as NL Champions.
Whatever the case may be, Manny Machado is a proven superstar. His value would put teams like this over the top possibly. The Orioles must trade him. They must get a package of prospects and MLB-ready players in exchange. If Baltimore gets too greedy, they could see Machado walk for free after this season. Not sure Oriole fans can put up with that scenario.