Zlatan Ibrahimovic officially joined Major League Soccer club Los Angeles Galaxy this season in a high-profile Designated Player deal until the end of the Major League Soccer 2019 season.
The highly accomplished 36-year-old Swedish superstar, who is Sweden’s all-time leading goal scorer, left Manchester United in March 2018 thereafter two seasons with the Red Devils.
During Ibrahimovic’s time at Old Trafford, United fans witnessed Ibrahimovic being a highly instrumental part in the Red Devils 2017 EFL Cup and Europa League triumphs.
Prior to the beloved Swede’s arrival in the City of Angels, Ibrahimovic’s brilliance on the field has spoken astronomical volumes throughout his illustrious career, which has featured very successful tenures with Malmo, Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, FC Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris St-Germain and Manchester United.
However, Zlatan Ibrahimovic‘s very entertaining quotes have marvelled and entertained fans of “The Beautiful Game” around the entire world courtesy of a sheer amiable arrogance and unprecedented overflowing self-confidence, which has effectively endeared fans to the larger-than-life, uber-talented Swede forever.
Most recently, Zlatan Ibrahimovic missed out on making the Sweden national team for the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018. Ibrahimovic, who retired from international action with Sweden thereafter elimination at Euro 2016, had created a high level of speculation within the mainstream media that he would potential play for Sweden this summer at FIFA World Cup 2018.
The ever-charismatic and uber-braggadocio Ibrahimovic has since officially confirmed a marquee partnership with Visa, which will witness the sensational Swedish superstar headlining Visa’s marketing campaign’s throughout the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 tournament.
FOX Sports 96.9 FM/1340 AM has compiled the Top 10 most entertaining quotes from the self-confident, third person referring Swede, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
10. “We are looking for an apartment (in Paris). If we don’t find anything, then I’ll probably just buy the hotel.” – Ibrahimovic upon joining Paris St-Germain.
9. “No, I play Zlatan style!” – When questioned by a reporter if Ibrahimovic plays with a Swedish style.
8. “I have met a lot of Man City fans, but they became (Manchester) United supporters when they met me.” – Ibrahimovic boasting about the influence he has over Manchester United’s rival fans.
7. “I won’t be a King of Manchester. I will be God of Manchester” – Ibrahimovic during the press conference when he joined Manchester United.
6. “Nothing, she already has Zlatan” – when a reporter asked what Ibrahimovic bought for his wife on her birthday.
5. “I don’t think that you can score as spectacular goal as Zlatan in a video game – even though these games are very realistic these days” – Ibrahimovic quote about his ability in an exclusive interview with FourFourTwo Magazine.
4. “Denmark wanted me to retire, I sent the whole country into retirement” – Ibrahimovic after Sweden defeated rivals Denmark.
3. “What (John) Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange” – Ibrahimovic firing back at John Carew after claiming that Ibrahimovic’s moves were pointless.
2. “Zlatan doesn’t do auditions” – Ibrahimovic after rejecting Arséne Wenger’s invitation for a trial with Arsenal.
1. “A World Cup without me is not worth watching” – Ibrahimovic thereafter Sweden failed to qualify for FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014.