The panic you feel during and after being involved in a car accident is not something that you’ll quickly forget. The worry, stress, and pain follow soon after. All these factors can impact your future and the entire way of living. If the stress of the accident weighs heavily on your mind, the best thing you could do is to hire an attorney to handle the burden so that you can focus on your future.
Law firms who are dedicated in personal injury cases represent tourists, individuals, family members, and military members who’ve sustained injuries while being involved in an accident in Hawaii. They can find creative solutions for clients who must file a claim with their insurer or having to deal with the legal implications after the accident. With their expertise and knowledge of the law and the resources at their disposal, they can build a strong case in representing you.
Steps To Take After The Accident
People never think that they’ll be the ones involved in a crash, and they can never adequately prepare themselves for an accident. However, there are vital steps that should be taken after being involved in a crash to protect their future.
· Move to a safe spot and immediately call for medical assistance if you suspect anyone got injured.
· Call the police to report the crash.
· Exchange your contact information with all involved parties.
· Take photos of your car and the accident scene and make notes, explaining what happened.
· Get the contact information, if possible, of all witnesses to the accident.
· Inform your insurance company of the crash but refrain from answering any questions or agreeing to anything until you have liaised with your attorney at Lowenthal & Lowenthal LLLC.
· Get medical attention for the injuries you’ve sustained. This must be done irrespective if you think they may be minor or not associated with the accident. If you experience pain, even if it’s weeks after, have it checked out.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer Is Having Your Back
Insurance agencies may pressurize you in signing a contract. Avoid this at all costs and instead liaise with your attorney about the accident so that they can assess which course of action would be the best going forward. They have decades of expertise, dealing with insurers in relation to accident victims. They can protect you every step of the way and ensure you get the best possible settlement for your claim. Their aim is to maximize your compensation. They want to make sure that you’re being treated fairly and compensated for taking care of you long after the crash. They can offer you personalized service and advice based on your individual needs. Your initial consultation is free, and they only get paid once they’ve recovered your claim, so you have nothing to lose.
No one chooses to be involved in a collision, but sometimes these things happen, no matter what you do. It’s essential to follow the right steps after you’ve been involved in a crash to protect yourself. Don’t handle the claim yourself but rather place it in the hands of a professional personal injury lawyer that has your best interest at heart.