Wondering how to boost your online sales? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, we will show you how.
Jamie Kentwood, a sales manager at essaygeeks.co.uk mentions: “Every business owner running an online store is looking for ways to increase sales as much as possible. But how do you do it? Any business to achieve its success must have huge sales.”
Although marketers tend to do some changes to their marketing strategies or their online stores, sometimes making some amendments on your website could make some great changes in your sales. Performing a conversion rate optimization can make a difference since it will increase the number of visitors to your website who may ultimately buy from you. If your online store is still in its startup phase, conversion rate optimization is crucial.
In this post, you will learn some creative ways to boost your online sales success.
Let’s get started!
1. Do away with those sliders from your homepage: If you have been keen on the latest website design trends, you must have notices why you shouldn’t include a slider image on your homepage. Removing sliders from your homepage comes with its own benefits.
2. Let customers know how to contact you: For B2B companies, it’s very easy to increase sales using a simple strategy. Although business owners don’t recognize it, not including your detailed contact information can make prospects get frustrated. Regardless of whether you prefer to sell via an e-commerce section of your site, most B2B customers are comfortable to talk to sales personnel individually.
Ensure your website does not lack detailed contact information. In fact, the best thing to do is to include a contact form that’s simple and easy to fill.
3. Use clear and catchy headlines: Clear headlines can be helpful when it comes to boosting your online sales success. Whether it’s an article title, a headline for a product page or your home page, it’s the first thing that visitors come into contact with when they visit your site.
It has to eye-catching so that they are enticed to read and scroll down your site. Ensure your headline is clear on what you offer, showing who you are intending to sell to, what you can offer. Note that the clearer your headline is about what you offer, the more attention your content will attract.
4. Let customers know that you can satisfy their needs: Ensure to have a proof of customer satisfaction since this is also a way to increase your online sales. You must show your prospects a history of customer satisfaction.
Your proof could be testimonials from previous and current customers or case studies.
5. Promise a money-back guarantee: Ensure to offer a money-back guarantee. Promise to refund them their money in full if your products do not meet their expectations. Although it is not a good idea to promise a guarantee, including it, can increase your sales since customers are sure if the products fail to meet their conditions, they will get back their money.
However, ensure your products are of good quality such that no customer would find them not meeting their conditions.
6. Address customer needs: You won’t increase sales if your products are not meeting your customer’s needs. Therefore, whatever products are services you are offering, ensure to understand your target customers. Find out what they need, what is helpful to them and what your competitors are not offering to the customers.
7. Personalize your call-to-action: Are you using a general call-to-action? Try to change it!
Instead of using a general language, change it and include a personal flair in your call-to-action. You may choose to use first or second person pronoun such as “my” or “you”
8. Enhance your website design: Your website is an important tool when it comes to increasing online sales. A website that looks out-of-fashion will more likely get fewer sales than a website designed in a professional design. If you are not good in website design, you may consider hiring a professional website designer to handle the task for you.
9. Offer free shipping: This option is sometimes costly but it can increase your online sales success. Note that many customers would leave a cart if they navigate to check out and find that you have not included free shipping. Who knows maybe all your customers are doing this!
If you are hoping to boost your online sales success, you must ensure no customers is abandoning the cart because you are not offering free shipping.
10. Enhance readability: The content on your online store is crucial. Whether it’s your headline, sales copy or the text on your call-to-action buttons, it should be readable. Having readable content in your online store is a good way to convince users to buy from you.
11. Provide outstanding customer support: Providing outstanding customer support is a great way to stand out from the crowd. Ensure customer complaints and questions are addressed appropriately and on time.
Conclusion: There you have it, 11 ways to boost your online sales success. If you hope to increase online sales, start implementing the above techniques. You never know maybe your competitors are not yet implementing them.
Author’s Bio: Chris Richardson is a journalist, editor, and a blogger. He loves to write, learn new things, and meet new outgoing people. Chris is also fond of traveling, sports, and playing the guitar. Follow him on Google+.