If you’ve ever considered yourself a watch aficionado, this means you’re likely going to have a delightful time looking for watches to suit your tastes. This is easier said than done though, as while window shopping for watches are fun, choosing one to actually buy can be extremely frustrating for anyone – especially if you don’t know where to start.
This doesn’t mean the journey is impossible though. Below are watch store shopping tips to find your perfect watch.
Watches Today: What The Industry Sees
But before that, a few insights: It’s perhaps important to understand that the watch industry today is actually poised to make a comeback, provided it taps into the various needs of consumers. As one of the oldest industries today, watches nowadays tend to have a mix of both stylish and modern styles – both approaches have put a lot of critics and enthusiasts against one another. Regardless, the prevalence of online transactions, leaning towards technology, and production of sleeker product lines, still make the industry quite an attractive area for both neophytes and veterans alike.
The Perfect Watch: What You Need To Know
With the above statistics in consideration, it’s important to understand that watch shopping still involves some factors to think about before having to choose the watch for your needs. Take the below with caution, so you’ll sure to get the watch that works for you. Before you shop Certified Watch Store or other watch dealers, be sure to read the tips below:
● Remember that value is important: When you decide to buy a watch, always remember from the start that value is extremely important. When we talk of value, it’s not necessarily just the financial value of the watch. But rather, how will the watch be valued by the wearer? An expensive watch that isn’t worn doesn’t have any “value,” as it’s not used for its purpose. Before you decide on anything, be honest with yourself if you want it as a collector’s item, or if you’re looking to use it somehow.
● Understand pricing: If you’re one to collect, though, be sure to understand the different hierarchies of watch prices. Consumer watches ($250) are those that can be easily purchased by ordinary consumers, and can be worn in almost any occasion. If you want to make a statement to others, your first watch should be an enthusiast or brand watch (under $1,000) – this is basically your gateway to the world of luxury watches. In speaking of, luxury watches are a huge bracket of watches with well known names, with price ranges starting from $1,000 to as high as $10,000. Exceeding this number are ultra luxury watches, which often include precious stones such as gold and diamond on the face.
● Decide if you’re shopping for luxury or for style: Watches have different appearances and prices to match, and sometimes “odd” watches tend to be costlier, and “stylish” watches tend to be a bit cheaper. Some people wear watches in order to make statements with the brands, while others wear watches much less for the brand and more on the aesthetic improvements they give. Choose if you want to wear a watch for the brand or for the style, as this pretty much dictates the kind of resources you should spend for the watch of your needs.
● Always pay attention to your intention: There are a lot of reasons why you might want to get yourself your “perfect” watch, but you need to focus on your most important “point.” Try to decide on the kind of setting you want your watch to work with. Dress watches work with almost any setting, but work best with casual outings. Sports watch, chronographs, and diving watches work with simpler outfits. Mechanical watches work best with stylish outfits. When you have a “setting” decided, you can shop for your watches with much ease.
● Collections need to start somewhere: If you’re aiming to get yourself a watch collection, for instance, then you need to make sure you start your collection depending on your “genre.” Do you want one of every watch variety? Do you want different kinds of watches of the same variety? You need to meditate on the impression you want others to make of you, and start building your collection from there.
● Dress for the occasion: Even if you don’t have an “intention” or a “point” yet as stated above, at least pay close attention to what you’re wearing while shopping. For instance, wear the kinds of clothes you normally wear outside, or to where you want to wear the watch, while shopping. You can also time your watch shopping to new clothes shopping, so you can mix and match watch options with your clothes options. This allows you to get a better idea on the kind of watch you want to wear based on the aesthetic you want to pull off.
● Make sure protection is guaranteed: A lot of legitimate manufacturers actually offer to exchange watches if the one you received is defective or if they’re damaged. Certified dealers also tend to give warranties, so pay close attention to the terms. Try as much as possible to buy from a legitimate or licensed dealer in order to get the most out of your customer perks.
The Takeaway: Finding The Perfect Watch For The Perfect Situation
If the above has anything to share, it’s that getting the perfect watch isn’t a matter of getting something extremely expensive or extremely stylish. Rather, it’s really more on how you want to project yourself to the people you’re with and to the environment you’re in. This means finding the perfect watch means making sure it’s perfect for situations you’re likely to find yourself in, and making sure your watch is capable of projecting your identity while striking the balance between style and aesthetics.