Composite decking is a binding product, made by man, used in construction works. It is a recycled mixture of plastic and wood fiber mainly marked as a replacement of wood. For board formation, the mixture is heated, which requires more maintenance than the wooden decking boards.
This material is getting popular because of its durability, resistance to termites, dampness, and rot. The decking boards do not need painting, sealing, or staining, and they do not crack/warp in direct sunlight.
There are several manufacturers in this field but Brite Compoiste Deck Solutions, Composite Decking Sydney are experts in its crafting.
The material of decking is splinter stain-free and fades resistant to plastic capping.
How To Find Out The Best Composite Decking?
If you are shopping for Composite Decking, consider some important factors and choose the best decking material from many options available in the market.
- Budget:- There are numerous composite designs/brands with similar performance. But composite decking with a simple color palette, grain pattern, low maintenance, and smooth finish option can meet your needs to suit your budget. You can cut waste and save money if you install decking with face screws and a wooden rail.
- Sunlight:- Consider a light color, if your deck is exposed to the hot sun. Dense and dark-colored decking boards absorb the heat of the sun and reflect it back making your deck sizzling hot.
- Moisture:- Composed Decking boards are designed with anti-slip features, hence if your deck is close to a pool, or you reside in a place where you often have snowfalls, a composite with a smooth finish can be dangerous. Choose material sensibly that is waterproof and weather resistant.
- Appearance:- Many composites appear like wood and have superior grain touch, some brands feature subtle shadings and grain patterns, a few are buffed artificially at the factories. There are some more decking boards with a number of colors and matching accessories like railings, balusters, posts, and decorative trim. This makes your deck look beautiful but is costlier than the cost of your board. Therefore do not choose such a decking product, instead, go in for composite decking which is more appealing.
- Building Codes:- Just think of material used for decking permitted by the local officials in the area. Some of it has limitations of use for applications like stairs or frames. So, to prevent violation of building code, use approved fastener spacing and material.
- Extra Cost:- Composite decking boards can be installed using the same tools as in wooden decks, no specialized tool is required. Each system needs hidden fasteners and screws, use screws for composite decking for better results. To have a clear picture of cost, before buying a deck search for installation and accessories required for each system.
Conclusion:- Quality Composite Decking is costlier than pressure-treated wood but it is long-lasting with style, colors, fastener choice, and building code requirements. It is wallet-friendly material with a warranty and is officially approved. Therefore, choose composite decking as an ideal material for your decks.