Planning to open a bar and pubs in a restaurant is a better idea rather than investing money on opening only a restaurant. Times have changed and so have the ideas of people who want to get out for a meal. Most of them would like to enjoy a drink before they turn into their meal. You can say, opening a bar in a restaurant is one way of ensuring that your business is a success. This is definitely hard work but is a ‘must’. Find out whether you are cut out for this business as you need to have knowledge of factors like staffing, food industry and the rules and regulations attached to opening a bar.
Factors to Consider:
Before you start planning on this project you need to know that this business is time-consuming. There are no holidays involved, be it a festival or your child’s birthday. You need to give all your time until the time your business is established, and you can trust the staff to handle the business.
1. Find a location which can help you in the growth of your business. You also need to find out what type of competition you will face in a specific location. Too many restaurants and bars in one place might work only if you are offering something different from the rest. Your menu needs to be exclusive and drinks provided must be of a high quality.
2. Plan out a change in menu at least once in a year. This works as a temptation for all the food lovers. It is advisable to offer food items which are rare and not served in other restaurants that are located close by.
3. Recruiting the staff members is another factor which needs to be handled with care. People visiting restaurants look for good manners. Besides this, the staff should have all the knowledge and information of the food and drinks served by them.
4. To ensure the success of your restaurant, make sure you follow a set of rules. This should cover the opening and closing of the restaurant to interacting with the customers and handling the inventory. This should be in writing even before you start a restaurant.
5. There are many types of bars you can open. Find out which type is comfortable for you to run before opening. You have a choice between the
6. The primary requirement of operating a bar in a restaurant is getting the license. Find out the rules and regulations pertaining to this ad and apply as soon as you can. Getting this license is a time consuming-affair so cannot be left for the last minute.
7. This restaurant and bar business is tough as there is a lot of competition. It is advisable to make a study of your competitors and find out the different ways of operating the same. Training your staff and hiring only professionals makes a difference to the business.
8. As we know advertising is the basic requirement for any business. Plan out what type of customers you wish to target and make sure this advertising is done professionally. You need to keep a specific amount for advertising as this is as important as the smooth running of your business.
As mentioned earlier, this business of opening a restaurant with a bar and pubs is not easy. This involves a lot of hard work if you are looking for good returns. Make sure you have a thorough knowledge of all the rules and regulations attached to a restaurant and a bar before you take the plunge. Take professional help whenever required as this works out to be an investment which offers good returns.