Awnings are basically overhangs from a higher post to a lover surface. These are also retractable in nature and easily fold into smaller areas. This secondary covering is mostly attached to a wall of a building on the exterior portions and they could vary on the kind of material that is used to create the awning. Some of which are canvas, cotton, polyester or even vinyl. The fabric material is always supported by an underlying metal that folds it together and the preferred metal for awnings is aluminum because they are both durable and light in weight. You could find these awnings for your home or on some commercial places such as cafeteria, restaurants and office canteen. Even people also install these awnings on their roof and garden area to make some additional seating place. You can spend your weekend under these awnings with your family and friends, and you can also get natural airflow and lights during the daytime.
Types of Awnings
There are various types of awnings available in the market to choose from, some commonly used ones are the propulsion awning, retractable awnings, solar shade screens and window awnings, some shade sails are also at times considered under a similar category. Here are some of the most popular awnings that are available to choose from:
The name in itself describes the method in which the awning would emerge, which is via propulsion. This can be either attained via manual efforts or you can find them automatic. The costs are low on the manually operated one and can be supported by an arm that can easily be angled back into the house or a deck to provide stability. In areas that experience heavy wind or light thunder storms you may want to make the choice of heading in the direction to by a manually operated awning.
What are the Attractive Features of Retractable awnings?
These are now becoming popular all over, earlier they were mostly seen in the European part of the globe and today its various designs and patterns are seen across the world. Some of the more notably seen awnings are as follows.
- Retractable Patio Covering System – These are generally waterproof and act as good secondary roofs, if attached with solar screens on the front of the awning and at both sides, this can double up as an outdoor room.
- Retractable Drop Arm Awning – These are commonly used to shade the windows by retracting the awnings, these are best used for windows facing the east and west sides.
- Retractable Solar Windows Awning – These are also gaining popularity are factor fabric in them, these are resistant to hail and harsh weather conditions and can be programmed to open and close at specific times of the day.
Tips to Good Construction Methods
It is true that while awnings can be constructed off many fabrics such as aluminum, corrugation of polycarbonate and fiberglass and other material, it is vital that these should be fitted with wind sensors these will help sense strong winds and make adjustments to retract the awnings and reducing damages.
- Aluminum awnings are not only popular and cost-effective methods of creating an awning, while it helps to keep the indoor temperatures cooler, they are also longer lasting metals in comparison to iron.
- Choose material that will last the test of time while going in for awnings; remember that this piece of equipment is designed to take the brunt of the climate and save you and your home from getting in contact to hard and inclement weather condition.
If you carefully consider the above mentioned aspects, you can be sure to receive the best results in this regard. With the right choice your interiors will look perfect and this will ensure that you get the best feel in your homes.