Solar installers claim to be the best, and the market is swamped with them. If you don’t know what to look for, the amount of information available can be overwhelming. It can be challenging to find the perfect solar system for your needs. Solar panels are a good investment which will cost you a lot initially, so make sure you get the proper one for you. The lifespan of your solar system depends on the installation you choose. You are selecting a provider not only for the installation but also for the ongoing maintenance of your solar system.
Choosing appropriate solar installers may be the most difficult aspect of your solar purchase. It’s also critical to thoroughly assess a solar installer in order to locate the ideal one for your needs. Let’s take a look at some of the tips for finding them:.
- Select a locally owned and run business– When you buy from a local business, you have the assurance that it will be easier to contact the company in case of any emergency and the representative will at your doorstep in not time. Find a full-service solar provider that has a team on hand at all times. Local businesses are motivated by the desire to improve the communities in which they operate and provide the best services at all times. Local solar installers are also knowledgeable about local construction and electrical codes, and will assist you with every step of your installation and will create a specific design for you based on your energy demands, roof type and layout, and investment goals.
- Inquire about references– You should request recommendations and testimonials from prior customers about the solar installer. It’s a fantastic idea to talk to former clients to find out how they liked it. You should also conduct your own background check about the installers and study about the installation process. If you have neighbors or family members or friends that have solar system installed will also be able to recommend a good installer.
- Insurance and proper licenses– Solar installers should possess all necessary business licenses and insurance policies, because installing solar panels requires additional set of trainings and equipment that a regular electrician will not possess. You must ensure that they are licensed to work on your system’s wiring and electrical components.
- Management of wires– Unfortunately, poor wire management is a common occurrence. For the longevity of your solar system, proper wire management is essential. This necessitates the installation of a conduit across the roof or along the side of the house. Wire management entails concealing any wires that might otherwise be exposed, preserving your equipment from the elements and enhancing the appearance of your home.
- Quotes that are competitive– Solar installations are priced differently by different solar installers and it also depends on the size of your solar panels and the scope of work. Some people are fierce competitors than others. You must have encountered every payment system you can think of, but cost-per-watt is the most common and straightforward. Depending on the size of your system, the installation should charge you a flat amount.
- Warranty on Installation– A craftsmanship warranty covers all issues that develop during the said warranty period for any reason. The craftsmanship warranty will cover repairs even if the panel gets dislodged due to improper installation. If a company offers an extended warranty, you must first make certain that they have a proven track record in the solar industry.
Solar installers who offer high-quality products and services don’t have to use high-pressure sales tactics to get you to buy their products. Some installers will offer you a discount or a limited-time deal in order to get you to make a rapid decision on the spot. In most cases, such decisions end up costing you a lot of money in the long term.