Yoga is a high-intensity mental and physical workout which opens up the abilities to perform of your body by boosting the capacity to endure. Yoga includes body poses, meditation, relaxation, and breathing. It increases the heart rate and assists to boost the metabolism to improve your mental and physical health. Yoga not only improves your strength and natural balance but also increase your flexibility and endurance.
More surprisingly, yoga can help you deal with overweight problem and obesity. Practicing yoga for an hour helps you burn about 600 calories or more. There are many yoga poses that can burn a great number of calories and help you get a toned-up, slim and appealing body. This article is going to give you seven best yoga poses that burn the most calories instantly and effectively. Practice these poses 3 – 5 days a week to get a satisfying result.
1. Pose 1 – Plank
This pose is one of the best calories burners as it involves all the muscles in your body when you keep the body straight and try to oppose the force of gravity on you. In this pose, your shoulders, arms, and wrists are strengthened as they have to suffer the most weight of your body and defy the most force of gravity.
Moreover, the muscles in the spinal area are also strengthened as the spine plays the most important part in improving posture. If you remain this pose longer, you’ll burn more calories in your body. You are advised to do this yoga pose for at least 5 minutes a day.
• Lie down, then use your arms and knees to prop your upper body.
• Lift the both knees and move your body weight to the toes and shape your body into a straight line.
• Inhale while holding this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
• Exhale and put the knees down.
• Do it again from the beginning manner.
• Do this pose once daily.
To burn more calories, you can lift one foot up about 1 – 2 inch off the ground, keep this pose for a while and change the role to the other foot. When one foot suffers the double force, you can kill more calories. Take deep breaths while practicing.
Caution: Do not do this pose if you have injured legs or arms, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Pose 2 – Sun Salutations
Sun salutations contain 12 componential poses, all of which involve the abs, shoulders, biceps, triceps, calves, and gluteus. This set of yoga poses helps strengthen and activate your cardiovascular system, boost and energize your muscles by stretching them. Take a deep breath while doing the poses.
Breathe in when expanding the muscles and breathe out on their contraction to oxygenate the blood and boost the lungs’ functions. You should practice these poses in the morning to burn more calories as it engages a lot of muscles in your body.
3. Pose 3 – High Lunge
This yoga pose is one of the most common moves as it presents in many daily workouts. It involves the whole body, especially the squads and gluteus. This pose involves you focus on your balance and move mindfully as you’re standing high up and keep all your body weight balanced on the ball of the back foot. The more balance you add to any poses, the harder your body is forced to work, and consequently, the more calories are burned. This yoga pose helps you burn a great number of calories and strengthen your entire body as it involves all the body muscle movements.
• Stand up straight, keep your hands by your two sides.
• Breathe in and raise your hands above the head and keep them in parallel position.
• Breathe out and move hands forward while stretching the upper body.
• Keep your knees straight, move the upper body downwards and parallel with the legs, your forehead faces the knees.
• Move the palms down so that they touch your feet.
• Breathe in and move the left foot back while the right knee makes a right angle with the mat.
• Stretch your torso on the front thigh.
• Look forwards, press down, push the left thigh up when keeping the left knee straight and stretch the left heel toward the ground.
• Breathe out and step your right foot back beside your left one.
• Repeat these manners with the resting leg.
4. Pose 4 – Dolphin
This fabulous yoga pose helps strengthen your entire body, including your arms, legs, shoulders, and torso. When doing this pose, you’ll stretch your entire body and open up your shoulders and chest. This pose is exactly similar to the downward dog, except one difference that you will put your forearms on the mat. It engages the entire upper body, the triceps and the biceps as well. Therefore, this yoga pose is a great calorie burner that helps you get the weight loss target instantly.
• Stand up straight and put your both hands by your sides.
• Slowly shifting to kneeling position, rest the forearms and hands on the mat.
• Keep the shoulders and elbows straight.
• Lift the back, hips, and legs up while keeping the spine straight.
• Hold the feet wide apart and keep the toes face forward.
• Let your head and torso hang down to shape your body in an upside-down V.
• Take deep breaths in this pose for a minute.
• Breathe out, gently bend the knees and return to starting manner.
• Have a rest in a Child’s Pose.
Caution: Do not do this yoga pose when having injuries in the shoulder, arm, neck or back. Do not practice it when having high blood pressure or any infections in the inner ear or eye.
5. Pose 5 – Wheel
This pose engages the shoulders, arms, legs, and buttocks. You have to keep mindful and attend to the alignment and form. The front part of your body will be stretched. It also opens up your heart and fortifies your lungs. If you practice wheel pose in a warm environment, your heart rate is likely to increase. You are required to warm up carefully before doing this pose.
• Lie down on your back and keep the foot soles on the floor and nearby the buttocks, in a hip-width distance and parallel line with the sides of the yoga mat.
• Rest the hands over your head on the floor, just above the shoulders and spread the fingers.
• Press down on your feet and lift up the lower back and hips.
• Press down on your palms and lift the upper torso off the ground until the head lightly touches the mat.
• Keep your feet and hands firm and press down on your palms to straighten the arms and lift the head off the mat.
• Keep the head hang and stare at the ground, keep breathing as normal.
• To release, slowly bend your legs and arms, put the chin inwards and lower the back onto the mat.
6. Pose 6 – Chair
The move engages the body’s largest muscle – the gluteus, so, it can burn a great number of calories in your body. Moreover, it warms your body and boosts the metabolism. This pose is not only safe and great in burning calories but also easy to practice.
• Stand straightly and keep your feet hip-width apart.
• Breathe in and move the arms upwards, above the head.
• Breathe out and fold up the body forward at the hips to make a 45o angle.
• Slightly bend the knees as if you’re sitting on a chair.
• Look straight and maintain the pose for 30 – 60 seconds and breathe deeply.
• Breathe in and stand up.
• Breathe out and rest your arms by your sides.
• Repeat this process 10 -15 times.
Caution: Do not do this pose when you have headaches, insomnia, and low blood pressure.
7. Pose 7 – Chaturanga
This pose is exactly like the lower part of a push-up. It forces you to engage all of the major muscles, improve your stability and strength. Although this pose is really hard to perform, it is a great calorie burner. You ought to control the movements and be extremely careful when contracting the core, engage the legs and form a right angle of the arms in the elbows.
• Begin with a push-up pose.
• Spread the fingers wide apart and keep your middle finger point straight forward.
• Press down on the palms and keep the arms as straight as possible.
• Tuck in the tailbone and keep your torso, hips, and legs in straight line.
• Press your head crown forward, tuck your toes and press your heels back.
• Breathe out and lower the body when you keep it straight, maintain this pose about 4 – 6 inches off the ground.
• Bend the elbows at a 90o angle and keep your shoulders as high as the elbows.
• Maintain this pose while having 1 – 4 breaths
• To release, breathe in and turn to plank pose or breathe out and lie down.
Caution: Do not practice Chaturanga when you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
This article has given you seven best yoga poses that burn the most calories. Yoga is not only healthy for both mental and physical life but also safe and effective in supporting weight loss process. Practicing yoga regularly helps you get rid of stress, anxiety, depression, and many other diseases. Moreover, it will give you a strong, toned-up, charming and slim body. Practice these pose regularly and you will have a sexy body.
Author Bio: This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with many years of experience in searching the best effective remedies for health and beauty issues. All content provided are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.