By Lauren Bracy
In recent times, the introduction of different types of fabrication process to make high quality products with exclusive features has become rampant.
While fabricating a material, numerous methods are applied and welding is one among them. It is a wonderful sculptural or fabrication process, used to join materials like thermoplastics or metals by creating fusion.
This technique of assembling materials is different from the metal joining techniques such as soldering and brazing.
Popular welding methods:
Though it is less common, there is the possibility of solid-state welding process. To name a few, shielded active gas welding, friction welding, deserve special mentioning. In this type of processes, metals do not melt. Some other welding methods are also equally popular in the industrial sector. A few among them are mentioned below.
1. Gas tungsten arc welding or GTAW: It is also referred as tungsten inert gas (TIG). As the name suggests, it uses a tungsten electrode, which is non-consumable to produce the final weld. Interestingly, a shield made with inert gases such as helium or argon protects the area of welding. This protection is done against the atmospheric contamination.
2. Flux cored arc welding or FCAW: It uses a flux filled special tubular wire with a multiple range of features. You may or may not take the advantage of a shielding gas while using it. This totally depends on the type and condition of the filler. A salient feature about FCAW is that it is similar to MIG welding.
3. Shielded metal arc welding or SMAW: It is electric welding or stick welding. Generally, it makes use of an electrode with flux around for protecting the weld puddle. An electrode holder is used to hold the melting electrode. In order to protect the puddle against the atmospheric contamination, slag can be included in the fabrication process.
4. Electric resistance welding or ERW: It is a frequently used welding process to produce coalescence. The material’s electrical resistance ultimately produces the heat required to form the weld. Though it is an efficient and cost effective material, it is limited to comparatively thin elements.
5. Gas metal arc welding or GMAW: It is commonly known as metal inert gas (MIG). The use of a wire-feeding gun in the fabrication process makes it interesting. This gun feeds wire by using an adjustable speed. An inert gas based shield is fixed over weld puddle for better protection against the atmospheric contamination.
6. Submerged arc welding or SAW: The arc zone and the molten weld are protected by submerging it under the flux blanket. This is the way they can be protected against atmospheric adulteration. In SAW process, an automatic electrode is used along with a blanket made up of fusible flux.
Depending upon the types of the welding you select for your project, the machines and equipment are used. Some common machineries are micro welds, MIG, solid state welding, TIG, ARC, etc.
Reasons for choosing welding service:
In today’s market, there is a great demand for professional welding service. It is used in a myriad of applications. Once the right type is selected, it is bound to deliver great results within short span of time.
Custom welding works on pole fabrication is highly in demand due to multiple options in the designs. A professional is able to render such custom services.
This is the reasons why you need to hire professional service to weld. Some of the advantages associated with it are –
· Quality work
· No Equipment costs
Therefore, you can take the full advantage of welding to create new designs in pole fabrication.