There are a lot of misconceptions related to search engine optimization. It is important to know what is accurate and what is not. So to separate the truth from the misconception, it is essential in examining the truth. So let’s get started.
1. The Different Hats- Black, White and Grey- Most professional SEO indeed are not bad. They, in fact, are not schemers trying to get money from customers. In every phase of life, there are good people as well as bad. With regards to practicing search engine optimization skills, different people do different things, yet everything comes down to an individual’s intent. Those using black hat SEO think differently than those using SEO for their long-term career.
People using black hat SEO must be ready to lose the domain and regard search engines in being their enemy. Professionals using white hat SEO emphasizes developing content that is useful and of high quality. They possess structured skills training and respect the guidelines of the search engines. Black hat methods use short cuts and tricks to fool the different search engines and end up getting penalized. One does not require fooling or outsmarting the search engines for getting top visibility.
2. Submit the Site to Google- One should submit their website to Google, so they need to buy professional services and submit their site to the search engines for a price. Here the misconception is search engine submission is beneficial. The truth is one is employing strategies which enable the search engine robots to find their pages without submitting. Companies that base their entire concept of SEO or traffic on submitting have no understanding regarding how the search engines work themselves. For search engines using such submission services is not required.
3. Banned Website and Unethical or Owner- Leading search engines will reject anything which is related to tricks, short cuts or spam which are outside the guidelines of search engines yet believing that people are evil always is not the case. Often people that are penalised or banned are clueless regarding the SEO best practices. The sole factor they are found guilty of is not having SEO skills training on the real structure.
4. SEO is Indeed a Nightmare- Measuring all SEO influences and getting them exactly right matters. Thus one needs to conduct thorough research to get familiar with the total characters used in the title tag, the number of keywords that can be used in the meta tag, keyword placement, keyword prominence and keyword density along with the other factors with respect to every individual search engine. The truth is SEO is not a nightmare provided you do it accurately.
5. Spend Hours to Tweak Source Code Every Month- People think they require spending hours to tweak their source code every month for maintaining their top ranking positions. Thus they cannot manage their own search marketing in-house. This again is false. The truth is there are perks of getting help from SEO agencies that have trained experts. Yet avoid hiring if someone states that they should tweak their code constantly for keeping one in the top position. But this again is false. Definitely one may desire them in making fresh, unique content. In case of blogging one may need continued practices. However, if a page reaches the top leave that alone.
6. SEO is Dead- This is a complete myth. The truth is SEO these days is more competitive but is not dead. It is alive and also well. SEO appears dead if one depends on the ancient second hand advice and/or listens to marketers that are pushing the next big thing. The majority of the webmasters possess access to those same ancient common tools which others have.
7. One-size does not fit all – There is a one-size fit all solution for solving a particular SEO challenge. But this is not the truth. In case of any specific SEO challenge often there are myriads of solutions to pick from. There are alternate strategies too which are a white hat but solid solutions. No two sites have the same challenges thus being equipped with the complete solutions is a must.
A Close Look at Some Confidence Schemes
Confidence schemes and misconceptions are not the same yet being aware of some is a must.
· Phishing Scam- This is a modern scam where the person speaks with the pretence of being from the official organisation for extracting personal information which they can use for stealing money. They usually do it through an email. People get compelled to provide the information asked for as the words appear immensely professional. As the targeted person submits the form, the swindler receives the information and can misuse it.
· Blogging Scam- Here the con artist will use a pseudonymous online persona to befriend an online group that becomes their mask. After this, the scammer will feign a terrible disease and ask for monetary help. Post receiving the boon, the scam artist will either claim a doctor error or a miraculous recovery.
· Paranoia Scam- This scam includes the con man conveying the mark a lot of lies concerning the various scams thereby instigating false attempts for the con in taking help from the con man.
Over the years there have been full cases where individuals have sold pricey service bills in SEO’s name yet failed to keep up to their promise. Authentic SEO experts seldom require to hype up what they offer because often there is a success and outcomes which follow their work. It is clear that they are excellent in offering results that are fair to excellent devoid of much hoopla in the presentation.
Despite this, SEO scams continue to loom large. But there are means of distinguishing such services and detecting the error as well as protecting oneself. Either one can learn the skills themselves or leave it in the hands of trained SEO experts. By joining hands with a credible SEO service provider, one is sure to be on the safe side. Rather than hiring a company that provides typical proposals, it is best to go with one that offers alternative approaches.