By Amelie Lawrence
Rubbish removal is a part of waste management and the disposal is the action that is required to manage the waste. It is done from the start to the final disposal. This includes collection of waste, transportation of the disposal and also the treatment of the waste. The treatment of the waste is all about monitoring and regulation.
This also encompasses the regulatory framework that is related to waste management.
It is inclusive of all kinds of waste of residential as well as institutional and commercial. The waste management strongly deals to reduce the adverse effects of waste on health, environment and aesthetics. Collection of waste is a part of waste management. This is basically a transfer of solid waste from the point of use to the landfill.
It also talks about recycling the rubbish removal as a part of diversion program.
What are the various methods?
· One important method of rubbish removal is of throwing the garbage in the landfill. This is the most popular method of waste disposal. This is a process where the attention is mainly on burying the waste on land. In this method, the odours and dangers of waste are completely eliminated. It is mostly practised in the developing countries.
· This process of rubbish removal is declining due to the low availability of space. It is also that the strong presence of methane and landfill gas may cause various contamination problems. It may also give rise to air as well as water pollution. This in turn will affect the environment. It may also prove fatal for the lives of humans and animals. Hence there are many service providers who are reconsidering the use of landfills.
· The other popular method is the combustion disposable method. In this the municipal solid wastes are burned. It is done in very high temperatures so that it is converted into residue and other gaseous products. This method can reduce the volume of waste and decrease the space that is taken for landfills.
· The recovery or the recycling process is another alternative to rubbish removal. Here the useful discarded items are taken for some specific and new usage. These items are later processed. The materials and resources are extracted and converted into energy. This is done in the form of useable heat, fuel and electricity.
· Recycling is the process in which waste products are converted into new products. This is done to prevent usage of energy and consumption of fresh raw materials. This is considered as the third component of reduce, recycle and reduce hierarchy. Everything is reduced with the rubbish removal for the future use and to preserve natural resources.
· The other form of waste management that is done for rubbish removal is plasma gratification. Plasma is a highly ionised and electrically charged gas. The other type of plasma is lighting that produces temperature. This is the process where the solid and the liquid waste are converted into syngas.
· The most easy and natural bio-degrading process is composting. In this method organic wastes like the remains of plants and kitchen waste are converted into rich and nutrient food for the plants. This process is used for organic farming. It is the safest and the best method of rubbish removal as it can turn the unsafe organic waste into safe compost. But in the other hand the process is slow and takes a lot of space.
· The recover energy is another method that involves the conversion of recyclable waste into electricity and useable heat and fuel. This is basically a renewable energy and can be used many times over and over again.