Kitchen cabinets constitute about ninety percent of your kitchen functionality. It is like a built in furniture for the kitchen which also acts as a storage unit for food, utensils, equipment and other silverware and dishes. They are either readymade as in bought from the store which are pre designed or you can get customized kitchen cabinets It constitutes a major chunk of your kitchen construction or renovation budget.
A customized cabinet is more expensive than a pre-designed one because it has a personalized touch, style and design. Customized cabinets are a big investment and can be expensive. Custom cabinets are designed on the basis of your taste in terms of size, material chosen, finishing and features and it is crafted by hand and then installed. If you have a larger kitchen a customized cabinet will easily burn a big hole in your pocket but if you have a small kitchen which is space cramped and has awkward spaces where the regular kitchen cabinets won’t fit then customized kitchen cabinets are the way to go! Customization would help utilize the awkward spaces and optimally utilize space in a small kitchen.
Here are a Few Things you should Consider before Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Maker:
- Design: This is an integral part of your kitchen cabinet especially when they are customized and crafted. A kitchen cabinet maker should not only have a team of skilled craftsman and deliver quality output but also understand functional design. A beautiful looking kitchen would render useless to a customer if it lacks functionality. Several times kitchen cabinet makers are very well versed in craftsmanship and making your kitchen look beautiful but the execution on the functionality part is zero. That is why it is vital to go ahead with a contractor who has years of experience and knowledge in design and functionality both and understands customer requirements and aesthetic.
- Kitchen Cabinet maker or an assembler: Not many people know that there is a difference between a maker and an assembler. You should analyze your requirements in the kitchen and the kind of professional skills a job like this would require and then select a suitable contractor. It is very important to use your due diligence before selecting an assembler over a maker as there is a very thin line of difference between the two.
- Visit the workshop: For anyone involved in creating art and artifacts, their workspace space speaks for their credibility, talent and skills.. Visiting the workshop will help you get a sense of the kitchen cabinet maker’s style and design. It will also give you an insight into the kind of work they do and have done in the past and showcase the skills they posses and their expertise.
- Choosing the right kind of material for your customized kitchen cabinet is a very important decision. Most kitchen cabinets are wood based, however, there is a bunch of primary cabinet materials to choose from: –
- Solid Wood: This is the most used material in a kitchen cabinet. Solid homogenous wood is used for boards or panels.
- Plywood: It’s an inexpensive alternative to solid wood. It is an engineered version of wood which is made up of different layers of wood sandwiched together.
- Medium density fiberboard: It is also an engineered version of wood made up of wood particles. The fibers are combined with an adhesive under pressure and formed into boards and panels.
When you plan to make a customized kitchen cabinet makers, make sure, you keep the above plan to make a customized kitchen cabinet crucial points in mind and start your project.