As the labor price has increased steadily, the cost of constructing quality homes has become expensive. In many industries automation has played an important role in lowering the labor cost. However, on construction sites the benefits of automation are limited and it needs significant amount of manpower. To retain affordability level, the construction industry has found some cost-effective ways of building homes. Prefabrication homes or prefab homes are one of the propitious evolutions in recent times.
With so many options available in building homes, it might also be difficult to choose the right one for you and your family. Prefabricated buildings really seem to be making their ways to the housing market. In prefabricated construction, different components of a structure are assembled at a manufacturing site and then transported to the construction site. Nowadays, prefab homes are more common as its quality had improved and available in a wide range of affordable budgets. Prefabricated houses or modular homes are built from the inside out. The construction time of prefabricated homes may vary from one week to three months, depending on the level of customization.
Benefits of Prefab Homes
There are a lot of benefits of purchasing or building prefab house. Full-size luxury houses can be built by using prefabricated modules for each portion of the house. Prefabrication is really a brilliant innovation in the world of construction.
Now, Let’s Discuss About Some Of The Top Benefits Of Prefab Homes:
- Energy efficiency: Prefabricated houses tend to be highly energy efficient. Their modern exterior finishing balance heat efficiently and reduce your energy bills. Moreover, prefabricated building’s tight construction withstands the natural disasters in an effective manner. The controlled environment in which these houses are fabricated ensures accuracy and minimized air escape and infiltration. Overall, prefabricated houses are insulated to a higher level than site built homes and are energy efficient.
- Affordable: Construction of prefab homes generally cost less than site built homes as it has a low labor cost. It requires less number of labors working over the course of fewer days to construct prefabricated house and make them ready. Also, as mentioned earlier, cooling and heating tend to be more affordable than traditional site-built homes. You can discuss with the manufacturer about the different cost-cutting options available to you. Finally, remember that cost of your prefab may raise or decrease depending on the level of fittings and customization.
- Fast construction: Since the parts, panels and modules are pre-made, and so you just require to fit them. These prefab homes are also known as modular homes. As these homes are partially constructed when they arrive at construction site, they require less labor and can be installed easily and effectively in less time.
- Consistent quality: The quality of structure a prefabricated building is uniform since the construction occurs in a controlled environment. Each module undergoes multiple quality checks and is built by skilled and experienced crew in weather-resistant surroundings.
- Eco-friendly: Unlike traditional construction methods, prefabricated houses are built in a factory and extra materials can be recycled in-house. In addition, better insulation, higher energy efficiency, all contributes to environment.
- Reliable schedule: In prefab construction, there is no chance for delays due to weather interruptions as construction takes place in a controlled indoor environment. With efficient labors, the average home would be constructed in just 3-4 months.
Since the modules of prefab homes are constructed in a controlled and healthy environment, there is a minimal risk for problems associated with humidity, moisture, or any other environmental hazards. Also, there are some processes and procedures that the construction environment needs to comply in order to ensure the safety of workers.