No one likes to have a double chin. It can be uncomfortable, sometimes it’s hard to breathe, and most of the time it just looks plain ugly. But before you go out looking for expensive surgery or invasive procedures, read this article! There are so many ways that you can get rid of your double chin with simple exercises and tips. Don’t wait any longer.
What is a double chin?
What is a double chin? A double chin is an act of having too much fat under the chin. This can happen when you gain weight or if your thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones. Regardless, having a double chin will cause discomfort and may even make it hard to breathe since there’s a buildup of fatty tissue under your chin.
What causes double chins?
It’s not always easy to know what causes the double chin. Some people believe that certain facial features such as a round face or a large nose can cause double chins. There are also some diseases and conditions that may cause your chin to hang and lead to the formation of a double chin, such as:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Graves’ disease
How to spot a double chin
A double chin can be hard to spot, but if you’re looking for it, then there are a few tell-tale signs that you should look out for. One way to identify if you have a double chin is to pinch the area where your chin connects with your neck. Are there any fat deposits on either side of the bone? Another way to know if you have a double chin is to grab yourself at the jawline and see if you can feel any water retention in this same area. Still not sure? Take a photo of yourself from different angles and check them all out later. Some of the most common causes of fat deposits are:
- eating too many high-calorie foods,
- drinking too much alcohol or soda,
- or even smoking cigarettes.
A poor diet can cause a double chin, but if you keep a healthy and balanced diet, then it’s easy to avoid this issue altogether.
The best way to get rid of a double chin is to stay in shape. The more excess weight you have on your body the more likely your face will collect fat under your chin, but this doesn’t mean it’s too late to change your lifestyle. A good way to cut extra calories out of your diet is by eating 6 smaller meals spaced evenly throughout the day instead of 3 large ones. Smaller meals allow you to digest them more easily while giving your body enough energy for regular tasks like work and exercise.
Simple exercises for getting rid of your double chin
One of the simplest exercises for getting rid of your double chin is to sit on the floor with your legs spread out in front of you. Put your hands on either side of your head and press up against them to pull your head back. Hold this position for 30 seconds and then relax.
- To massage the area under the jaw, hold a thumb or two fingers of one hand at the base of the muscle that goes under the jaw (near the ear) and move it up to the top, rubbing carefully along the course of it. Do this 10 times, twice daily; once in the morning before breakfast and again before bedtime.
- Place cold packs or ice cubes wrapped in cloth by using an elastic bandage around your neck. Do this for 10 minutes, twice daily; once in the morning before breakfast and again before bedtime.
- Lift your chin towards the ceiling while keeping your shoulders down. Hold this for 30 seconds and repeat three times to stretch the neck muscles.
- Pull your head back toward your chest, tucking the chin toward the middle of your neck. Hold this for 10 seconds and repeat three times to stretch the muscles at the back of the neck.
- Lie on your stomach with a folded towel under your forehead and chin. Tuck your forearms under you, but keep them relaxed so they don’t touch your abdomen or thighs. Push up against the floor as you tighten all abdominal muscles, hold this for two seconds and then relax. Repeat the exercise 10 times to tone your neck muscles.
- Sit on a chair or bench with one arm resting on its armrest while you use that hand to pull your chin up toward the ceiling. Hold this for 30 seconds and repeat three times before switching arms.
Tips for getting rid of your double chin
Here are some tips for getting rid of your double chin.
- First, try to lift your neck up as much as you can with your shoulders down.
- Next, scrunch up your neck so it feels like the double chin is being pushed upwards. This will help stretch the tissues in the area so they can become more elastic.
- Finally, feel for a spot on either side of the bottom of the chin where you have an indentation. Gently push upwards on these spots to flatten out any excess fat there. If this still doesn’t work for you, you may want to consider weight loss surgery or liposuction.
How To Lose A Fatty Chin
Losing chin fat is not as difficult as you think. You can either do it naturally or through surgery, but dieting and proper chin exercises are the most popular solutions.
Both approaches have been proven to work, but because surgery isn’t as affordable as dieting, this article will focus on natural ways to lose a fatty chin.
Ways to Lose a double chin.
- First, you need to reduce your caloric intake.
- Eating less will help you cut down on unnecessary fatty tissue in the body; hence, you get rid of the excess fat underneath the chin area.
Tips for reducing calories:
- Avoid eating at night. It’s very easy to overindulge at night because you’re already in the comfort of your own bed. Start eating earlier so that by the time it’s already nighttime, you’ve already eaten enough for the day.
- Avoid drinking soda and juice while eating meals. This will fill up your stomach with empty calories, thus causing you to eat less during mealtime.
- Avoid eating food with high levels of saturated fat. Although your body needs a certain amount of cholesterol, it is not good for you if you have excessive amounts in your body.
- Eating fast food and other fatty foods can lead to increased levels of blood cholesterol that causes blocked arteries because the excess cholesterol accumulates as fat under the skin .
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day. When you drink a glass or two of cool water, your body feels refreshed and it tells your brain that you’re already full.
The alternative way to lose a double chin is through exercise. Chin exercises are not as popular as other workouts because it requires patience and determination to achieve results.
The chin is a small facial feature that we often take for granted. It’s always nice to have just enough of this extra chin, but sometimes it can be uncomfortable and even unattractive. The good news is you don’t need surgery or invasive procedures to get rid of your double chin.
Title: My double chin has been bothering me
Description: A double chin can be hard to spot, but if you’re looking for it, then there are a few tell-tale signs that you should look out for…