● New floors: Extreme conditions are not ideal for laying wooden flooring since dry air and humidity can cause the wood to crack, warp, or bend. Getting this done in Spring or Fall is ideal
since it not only prevents the said problems but also enables you to ventilate the house by opening windows to get rid of wood stain smell and carpet adhesive. Opening windows is not
very practical during Winters due to the cold winds and in Summers due to the hot breeze.
● Cleaning out gutters: Over time, the gutters along the roofline get choked with leaves, twigs, and other debris. If not cleared in time, the gutters can get clogged. If the water gets trapped in it,
it may seep inside the home and damage the roof and rafters. Thus, cleaning it once a year is essential. Avoid cleaning in the Fall, when leaves fall and once again clog the gutters. The best
time is to clean it in early spring so that the gutters are clean before monsoon sets in.
● Refurbishing room: Refurbishing your favorite room can be carried out in any season. However, be advised that summer and early fall are the busiest months for professionals carrying
out refurbishing, especially of bathrooms. So, schedule these experts well in advance.
● Building a deck: If you think the best time for getting a backyard deck built is in summers, think again. In summers, the increased sun exposure can cause the deck surface to crack. In winter, when the humidity is lowest, the pressure-treated wood stabilizes the best.
● Interior paint: If you have air conditioning and heating, interior painting can be undertaken at any time of the year. However, winter months are best, since they are the driest and bereft of
humidity. This makes the paint dry quickly and evenly.
If you are armed with the knowledge of seasons for undertaking the jobs on your home, you will be able to avoid future maintenance issues, as also book the professionals well in time. Thereby
saving both time and money.