By George Wolfson
The last month before moving to a new house is full of planning and packing. People are going crazy getting everything ready for a big move across the country.
Moving to a new place is always a stressful process, even if you’re excited to start a new life in a new place.
It is very important to make sure that you enjoy the last couples of days in your current city or in the current house or apartment. That’s why we’ve prepared a list of tips to make your moving experience as smooth as possible.
Before anything else, we advise you to hire professional movers. This is needed to be sure that your stuff will be delivered in time. When looking for a mover, ask your friends, co-workers, or neighbors to suggest you someone reliable and experienced.
Or surf the Net, reading recommendations and feedbacks from customers. For example, Movers Best on Yelp! provides all needed information about a concrete moving company in Irvine, CA.
Moving and Packing Tips
1. Pack like a champion. It is very important to think of the future packing process in details. Analyze what stuff you have, what materials you need, and how you’re going to pack everything correctly to deliver it safely. Our advice is to use a plastic shrink wrap. Buy 1-2 rolls to pack all your belongings and to hold them together. This method protects even already packed stuff from being scratched or dropped down in a truck. Definitely, check it out.
2. Another great tool is a vacuum bag. A few vacuum bags are enough to pack all your and your family’s wardrobe in one place. Vacuum bags save a lot of space and money (you can use them more than once).
3. Packing and unloading. Ask if your moving company provides moving all of the stuff out of the apartment and back into the new apartment services. In this case, you don’t need to carry heavy furniture and appliances. For example, in California, there are costa mesa movers which include both packing and unloading help in their obligatory services. Professionals definitely can do this work better and faster than you.
4. Labels. Never forget to label all of your bags. A small trick here is to label the boxes on all six sides. Thus, you don’t have to move and turn them in order to find a label. With 6 different labels you can easily see what’s in that box.
5. Kitchen. Don’t leave packing the kitchen stuff to the last moment. Packing the kitchen takes literally forever. It is probably the only place which needs as much wrapping as possible. You have to take care of every single cup, glass, plate, and vase. It takes a lot of time and efforts.
One More Piece of Advice
Make your moving process as stress-free as possible. Enjoy every moment of packing and wrapping.