Cryptocurrencies come with a wide range of benefits, and that’s why they are gaining popularity. If you want to take advantage of all the conveniences this currency brings, then you’ll need to employ a cryptocurrency wallet development company. Professionals will help you create a reliant, secure, and versatile crypto wallet where you can store all of your digital money. However, before you get into digital money, let’s go over all the things you should know about crypto wallets.
What Are Cryptocurrency Wallets
Simply put, a cryptocurrency wallet is an app that allows users to keep and retrieve digital assets. Same as with conventional currencies, you don’t need a wallet to spend your cryptocurrency, but it comes in handy to have it all in one place. When you acquire cryptocurrency, store it in a wallet and use it to pay or make other transactions. Cryptocurrency wallets are apps like any other you have on your phone or laptop. They are simple to use, just scan the retailer’s QR code or direct the specific amount to the vendor’s public address.
How Many Categories of Wallets Exist
Wallets are a combination of the private key and public address, and they can be broken down into groups based on the method and location of storage. When opting for one, you can pick and choose among these categories:
- Hot and cold wallets – this categorization relates to the way wallets are connected to the internet. If your wallet is connected to the internet, it is referred to as hot, and it’s less secure, but it is mostly used for day-to-day transactions. On the other hand, cold wallets are stored offline and are mainly used for long term savings.
- Hardware wallets – as the name says, hardware devices that look like USB and that can be connected to a PC. They are secure and available in different forms.
- Paper wallets – this is a physically printed QR coded. These types of wallets are not prone to hacks, but they still have some flaws. One of them is not being able to transfer a part of funds, meaning they can’t be reused. Once, they were a very popular way for cold storage, however, their popularity faded when hardware wallets came onto the scene.
- Desktop wallets – these are installable software packs that are the third-most secure way for you to store the funds and the best way for cold storage. They are very easy to use, and what’s most important they give you privacy and anonymity.
- Mobile wallets – are for phones, and they are convenient because they use QR codes for transactions. Most people use them on day-to-day occurrences; however, encryption is necessary since they are vulnerable to malware infections.
- Web Wallets – you can access them via an internet browser, and they can be hosted or non-hosted. They are prone to DDOS attacks and are one of the least secure ways to stock your funds.
What Should You Consider When Choosing a Cryptocurrency Wallet Development Company
Before you get to store your funds, you need to find the best cryptocurrency wallet development company to help you build one. However, there are many companies out there, and finding the right one will be tricky, so here’s the list of things you should consider when choosing:
- Reputation – finding a reliable and trustworthy cryptocurrency wallet development company means you have to look into its team of experts, data management practices, the whole process of solving problems and glitches.
- Integrated features – know what you want to integrate into your crypto wallet. However, pay the most attention to multi-currency support, user interface, portfolio management, conversion rates, and biometric authentication.
- Security – being able to protect your funds from hacking should be on the top of your priority list. Make sure your wallet has a two-factor authentication, that it is password-protected, and that it has optimal session logout.
What Are the Advantages of Cryptocurrencies
Are you wondering why many people are using cryptocurrencies nowadays? The hype about them is justified by a wide range of benefits. Firstly, they are secure because each transaction is approved by a digital signature. Secondly, they give you anonymity because all the data is encrypted. Thirdly, they are ideal for cross-border transactions, and finally, they are cost-friendly because the transaction fees are reduced due to automation.