Mac is really not synonymous to music but a lot of users spend time listening to music on Mac devices. The sound is not a very great factor in Mac devices and most Apple computers have such small speakers that give out a flat sound. You invest a hefty amount in owning a Mac device and it gives a major headache if the sound is not working. You must know all possible tips so that the sound on your device is always right and even if there are issues you know how to handle.
7 important MacOS audio tips
If the sound on Mac is a concern for you, here are some useful tips that you can follow:
- Did you just check the mute button?
Sometimes it can be that there is nothing wrong with your device; you had muted the audio sometimes or did set the volume at a very low range. A very easy shortcut is to press the F10 button, or you can locate the mute button and unmute. After doing that, check whether it’s audible or not.
- Check all ports and for the external sound device
First of all disconnect anything that you kept connected to the ports. It’s good to also check the headphone jack to check for dust particles. All of these things could cause a blockage hindering the flow of sound. It might happen that your Mac is not playing sound simply because you have Air pods or headphones connected. Play the sound, use headphones, remove headphones and play on the speaker to check the sound system.
- Your Mac needs a software update
You must update your Mac software because when the version goes out of date, there is a problem with the sound. The audio works immediately right after you update the software.
- Fix the audio out that is missing
Your sound is not muted but you still cannot hear music? There is a method for bringing sound back to all Mac speakers including the internal, external ones, airpods, headphones or other speakers. This method is implemented when Mac chooses any other audio platform. Follow the steps:
- Go to ‘Apple Menu’, choose ‘System Preferences’ and then select ‘Sound’ panel
- Choose the ‘Output’ tab
- Then you have to choose ‘internal speakers’ as an output device
- Adjust sound level and play the sound to check whether the issue has been resolved
- Alter the ‘mute’ stance in case it is ‘on’.
- Fixing audio with a connect and disconnect
For this you would require an external sound device like headphones or speakers and the method is mentioned below:
- Firstly, connect headphones to the headphone jack on Mac.
- Now open iTunes and play music or any video.
- Plug your headphones from the jack in your Mac device.
- You can hear the sound that will be played from the in-built speakers
- You can check by opening iTunes and listen to music.
- Add extra hardware and software
Do you have great headphones and speakers? For better sound from your Mac, it’s great if you could add some extra hardware and software. Mac does not come with an impressive sound card so an external sound card could be the solution. If you want the best sound from your headphone, you could use a digital-analog-converter (DAC) and also a headphone amp. There is certain software like MP3 volume equalizer and more that can also help to improve the music experience.
- Invest in headphone and speakers
Invest in a set of headphones and speakers to enhance the audio quality in Mac. While buying make sure you are familiar with the terms manufacturers use to describe great headphones and speakers. There are many factors that determine which headphones and speakers you must buy. Explore the market be in online or offline to hunt for the best set of headphones and speakers.
The sound is a big factor when you are using a Mac device and now that you have known all the ways to fix audio in Mac, you would never have to go without sound. The issues can get resolved real soon only by changing the sound preferences. Yes, if any of these methods did not work then it could be some internal problem and you need to rush to your nearest Mac store for maximum support.