The whole basis of the anabolic diet and anabolic fasting is muscle building and fat burning. Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale is the founder of anabolic fasting and created the diet to be able to get the same results as drugs, but without the negative side effects. If you are considering anabolic fasting, there are some important things you need to know. Let’s take a look at what to expect when you are looking into anabolic fasting.
There are so many diets and trends happening at any given time that it can be confusing. Figuring out the benefits of each plan can help you understand what the best diet for you is, as cited per Healthtrends.com.
The benefits of anabolic fasting are as follows:
● Your body will be able to lose fat because you will force it to use fat stores because you haven’t eaten carbs in five days. Since you eat much fat, your body doesn’t store much fat. The fat that might have stuck around otherwise seems to melt off your body.
● The biggest key to anabolic fasting is eating fatty red meat. Fatty red meat is rich in cholesterol and saturated fats. Cholesterol and saturated fats increase your testosterone levels, and testosterone is the hormone that builds muscles.
● Better health is one of the benefits you will experience as an anabolic faster. With lower cholesterol & triglyceride levels, controlled insulin levels, and less plaque build-up, you will find your doctor pleased with your results.
● You will notice increased energy when you are controlling your carb intake. You may find it strange that you pop out of bed in the morning ready to go. You may also notice you have less mood swing.
● You won’t be hungry when you are doing anabolic fasting. When you eat much fat, you will feel fuller longer.
It doesn’t matter how old or young you are, anabolic fasting works for all ages. As with any diet, if you want to supercharge it, you should combine it with strength training.
When doing anabolic fasting, you eat proteins, fats & veggies on the weekdays and the weekends you eat lots of carbs while lowering protein and fake intake.
You need to track your calorie intake and macros. Before starting, you need to determine your caloric needs. Generally you can estimate your needed intake by multiplying your weight by 12. For example: 240 lbs x 12 = 2,880 calories per day.
To get started, you need to do twelve days without any carbs. This makes your body use fat for energy, but afterward, you need to eat carbs for two days, and then you go into the five days no carbs and two days carbs routine.
When you are doing your no carbs days, you should have forty percent protein, sixty percent fat, and a maximum of 25 grams of carbs. For the carb days, you need to consume fifteen percent protein, twenty-five percent fat, sixty percent carbs. This will fill your carbs store.
It takes around four weeks for your body to adapt to anabolic fasting. You may find that you deal with moodiness, tiredness, and stomach issues, but don’t let this keep you from staying on track.
On no carb days, you might eat whole eggs, bacon, spinach, ham, ground round, low sugar keto snacks, and broccoli. On carb days your might eat oats, raisins, milk, fruits, cottage cheese, and berries.
If you are trying to gain weight, it is very difficult to put on pounds while you are doing anabolic fasting. Since this diet is high in fats, it makes you feel fuller so you don’t eat as often as you might have before. It is also complicated since you have to count calories and look for hidden carbs. It isn’t great for sports either since it is low in carbs. Athletes need carbs for energy.
If you aren’t sure if you are a good candidate for anabolic fasting and are under the care of a doctor, you should speak to your doctor first before starting any diet. If you want to lose weight quickly without feeling like you are starving, this could be the perfect plan for you. Dieting is rarely easy, but if you can find a support group of people that are on the same diet and doing anabolic fasting, it makes it much easier for you to get the results that you want and to stick to the plan.
Now that you understand more about anabolic fasting, it is like clear that this is the best course of action for you or you are ready to run the other way. Anabolic fasting isn’t for everyone, but it does work out well for many people since it still gives you the ability to go crazy on carbs on the weekend. Many of your favorite tasty treats are off limits during the week, but on the weekend you can have some of them even though most of your carbs should come from healthier sources than snack cakes and donuts. Some people prefer to go with Keto dieting since more people use it and have seen results.
Was this article helpful and informative? Leave us a comment with your thoughts in the section below.