If you have ever used your regular sewing machines for sewing types of denim or leather or for any other heavy stitching work, then you must have noticed that your sewing machine starts to misbehave. This is not because your sewing machine is not good or needs to be changed. It is because the regular sewing machines are built for stitching or sewing light materials.
The regular sewing machines are best suited for light weighted work as the number of stitches per minute is 1500, at max. Thus, if you try to get all the heavy duty work done by these regular sewing machines then they are bound to misbehave.
Why choose heavy duty sewing machines?
Regular sewing machines are, no wonder, best for the field of work it is designed for, that is, light duty work. But they are not suitable for heavy duty work. For that purpose, one must choose a heavy duty sewing machines.
One can use a regular sewing machine to achieve heavy duty sewing work for a few numbers of times. But continuous use of a regular sewing machine to achieve such works will result in decreased lifetime of the sewing machine.
This is so because even the best sewing machines can perform 1500 stitches per minute whereas a (or any) heavy duty sewing machine can perform a minimum of 4000 stitches per minute. See the difference?
The difference in the number of stitches per minute should be enough to make you understand how strong a heavy duty sewing machine is. Thus, it can perform continuous heavy work and still last for many years.
On the other hand, if you try to get the same heavy duty sewing work performed by a regular sewing machine on a regular basis then the sewing machine will get worn out in a few couple of days. This is because such sewing machines (the regular use sewing machines) are not built to perform heavy works for a long period of time. So to achieve the goal, every single part of the machine needs to work extra which then leads to the machine misbehaving after working properly for just a few weeks or a number of days.
Thus, if you are looking for best sewing machine the best machine that will be performing sewing operations such as sewing denim or leathers or you need the machine to make quilts or even for making button holes, blinds or upholstery, then without even a second thought, you must go for a heavy duty sewing machines.
Heavy duty sewing machines might be comparatively a lot heavier than other regular sewing machines but because of its heaviness, it is a lot more sturdy than the rest of them. Heavy duty machines being sturdy handles heavy or thick materials efficiently.
The pros and cons of using a heavy duty sewing machine:
- Works with all sorts of materials – With a heavy duty sewing machine, you can work with almost each and every material that is available in the market. Now you need not to worry about the humongous amount of time required to complete the work if you are working with a thick or heavy material. A heavy duty sewing machine makes it easier to work with a denim or leather piece. Now, you can also easily make those button holes or stitch a quilt or even make blinds and upholstery.
- Works fast – even with the thickest of material available in the market, you can complete your project in no time as these machines are really quick or fast besides being easier to use.
- One time investment – Heavy duty sewing machines are quite costly but then it is worth it. This is so as the body or rather every part of the sewing machine is either made up of iron or steel or some other hardy material. Thus, they last for a very long period of time making the investment a one-time investment.
- Immovable – Due to the heavy weight of these heavy duty sewing machines, they are immovable. That is these sewing machines need to be fixed somewhere and thereafter it can not be moved from one place to another like the regular use sewing machine. But this is rather an advantage as due to the fixed nature of these machines, they rather provide a great region for sewing and easily handles the heavy weighted clothing materials.
So these were the major benefits of using a heavy duty sewing machine. So, if you are planning to open up a firm of your own then you must go for a heavy duty sewing machine. Here are the three heavy duty sewing machines that are the current favorite of most of the sewing machine users out there. Have a look.
The best heavy duty sewing machines available in the market today:-
- SINGER 4423- Goes without saying that the SINGER is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to sewing machines, be it for daily or regular use or heavy duty sewing machine. SINGER 4423 has 23 built-in stitches that are capable of stitching about 1100 stitches per minute. It also has a needle threader and one step fully automated buttonholes.
Thus, the SINGER 4423 is one the best choices for making quilts and for stitching fabrics like denim and leathers.
- Janome HD3000 – One of the best heavy duty sewing machines available in the market is from a renowned brand which is best known for their heavy duty sewing machines. The Janome HD3000 is also one of the costliest heavy duty sewing machines but is totally worth it. This model from the brand Janome has 17 built-in stitches pattern and free arms for cuffs and sleeves. Its heavy duty metallic frame makes it the best heavy duty sewing machine as it remains still even then when it runs very fast.
- Brother ST371HD – If you are looking for a heavy duty sewing machine from a good brand without burning a hole in your pocket, then the Brother ST371HD is the machine that you need to get your hands on. This heavy duty sewing machine is quite affordable and at the same time comes with a wide variety of features. It is also capable of stitching 800 times within a minute and has 37 built-in stitches. Hence, this model from Brother is a total win-win.