The process of manufacturing is worthless when it engages improper tools and machinery. In every manufacturing industry, cutting tools are an integral component. Since ages, different cutters are being used to provide subtle shape and structure to the object. Over time, its sophistication and design have been modernized to a great extent as these tools have undergone several modifications to accommodate complex industrial requirements.
Whether it is welding, drilling, milling, cutting, bending, profiling, or related manufacturing procedures, precision cutting tools are needed to get the job done with the required precision. These cutters play critical roles in the overall process of manufacturing; hence they need to be manufactured with high-grade standards to enhance productivity. Generally, single-point and multi-point tools make the cutting process prolific.
The materials of these tools should always be more robust and durable than the ‘materials to be cut.’ During the process of cutting, a high level of heat generates which the cutters should withstand perfectly. Although the primary purpose of the cutters is to provide shape to an object, it plays a significant role in ensuring the aesthetic and functional precision of the end-product.
Different Types Of Cutting Tools Available
- Drills: It falls under the category of primary cutting tools used for making round holes. The rotation speed is high, which makes the hole in the metal objects easily.
- Die-cutting Machine: These cutters provide shape to the materials like chipboard fabric and paper. It doesn’t require any special arrangement, so can be placed almost anywhere and is an essential equipment of the crafting table. It can be used for making EPDM Gaskets also.
- Reamers: These are rotary cutting tools that are required for metalworking jobs.
- Punches: Punch is like a metallic rod that has a sharp tip on one end and blunt one on the other end. Carpenters use such cutting tools to strike the hard metal..
- Cutting Taps: Machinists use this for creating internal threads. It efficiently removes unwanted material from the tapped hole.
Each cutting tool should come with some specific features that are needed to ensure a high-end cutting finish, such as –
- Wear resistance level must be high, which ensures its durability throughout a longer period
- Cutting tools should have the toughness level that matches or exceeds the industry standard. It allows them to withstand all types of pressure and high amounts of heat without getting cracked or fractured.
- Tensile strength and hardness need to surpass the minimum standard requirements, which is necessary for flawless cutting.
Important Factors To Know Before Buying Cutting Tools
- Level of Persistence: The topmost quality of an excellent cutting tool is its high resilience level. The toughness of the cutter materials should be higher than the object material it is supposed to cut so that it can efficiently withstand the high heat generated during the cutting process. If the cutting tool is not persistent, it may break too often.
- Precision in Design: Each cutting tool has specific geometric shapes to amalgamate the cutter and the work piece effectively. Its rake and clearance angle, number of teeth, and flute width should have high-end precision. Precisely designed cutting tools provide smoother cutting experience with no or least obstruction.
- Durable: Generally, premium cutting tools are not cheap. Hence, if you don’t want to keep on investing again and again on your toolbox, choose only top-of-the-line cutters that have longer shelf-life. Approach a reliable dealer who doesn’t shy away from explaining complete details of its quality and functional features.
These were the essential features that you should not ignore at any cost while investing in a toolbox. The type of cutters you’re going to purchase depends on the specific industrial requirement; therefore, you need to consult a production expert before deciding on which brands you should rely upon. Thousands of varieties of cutters are available in the market with different speeds, feeds, composition, and cutting edge. So, you should consider the pros and cons of a diverse range of cutting tools before narrowing down to the one. Following the suggestions and recommendations provided in this article will help you in buying the best product available in your budget.