Buying rosary beads should be a deeply personal experience. As such, I highly recommend learning about the rosary and its history before committing to buy rosary beads. To provide you a bit of background on the rosary, no one can actually agree on the exact origin of the rosary, though its structure is said to have evolved between the 12th and 15th centuries. The common and more agreed upon belief is that the Virgin Mary presented the rosary to Saint Dominic in an apparition in 1214, after which he began to preach and spread the word of using the rosary beads in missionary work. Others disagree and state there is no existing evidence to prove this claim. People may get confused about the usage and how to buy them. In case of buying rosary beads, one can be assured that.
Points to Keep in Mind for Buying and Using Rosary Beads:
- The use of beads during prayer, or “prayer beads,” is a bit easier to trace. Prayer beads can be traced back to the Middle Ages and first came to be known as Paternosters, which is Latin for “Our Father.” These beads were used as a way to count Our Fathers and Hail Marys.
- Like those of the past, the purpose of today’s rosary beads is to aid Catholics in keeping count of their prayers. Since there are many prayers in the rosary, the beads allow Catholics to count them as they go along. To give you a more in depth understanding, when you buy your beads you can also opt to purchase a book explaining the history, significance, and use of the beads in daily prayer.
- As for structure, rosary beads of today consist of 50 beads. It originates from the 16th century when the beads were based on the five decade rosary which in turn was based on the three sets of mysteries.
- You can buy rosary beads in many varieties. You can find them made of wood, pewter, silver, gold, glass and pearls for example. The beginning user can purchase a book that explains the use and significance of using it. They are considered holy and are meant to be treasured and used as a significant part of the believer’s daily prayer life.
- Technology of the 21st century has brought iPods into the picture. Some believers will use their iPod to pray the rosary. Others tune into YouTube and other similar sites to watch rosary meditations.
- If you are a new Catholic or just want to understand more about their traditions, understanding the rosary is key. The rosary beads are steeped in tradition and are not just a pretty necklace to carry around.
- Since religion is deeply personal and unique to each individual, so should be your selection when you buy rosary beads. Made of various materials, you can buy beads made out of wood, metals, glass, etc. They are also available in an array of colours. While aesthetics may be a factor in your choice, it shouldn’t be the factor. When you buy rosary beads you should first and foremost choose beads that reflect your spirituality.
Importance of rosary beads in the lives of catholic people is immense and one should keep following pointers in mind before buying rosary beads as this may help them to maintain respect and tradition going around the century. Buying rosary beads online can solve your problem as they can provide you with the genuine products.