Social media websites enable businesses to reach out to a broad online audience. These online platforms help small business ventures to establish an online presence and compete with established companies to capture a target market. To learn more about their online audience, businesses make use of live chat, online forms, online surveys, and other online methods.
Gaining client feedback is a great help to improve a business’ products or services. Despite the technological advancements today, businesses might still find traditional methods, such as phone calls and emails, that are still effective in today’s marketing activities.
Call Tracking for Better Customer Management
For customers, whether they are online or not, their voices still matter. Therefore, conventional practices for customer feedback are still efficient compared to other digital methods. Answering calls and speaking with your consumers can still have great value even if many technological advances in marketing exist. Customers are continuously making calls to a hotline number whenever they have questions or inquiries. They often call a business’ number so they can get more information or seek help in understanding the different features of a product or service.
Talking to your customers can provide a more personalized service because you are speaking directly to them. However, your staff can only answer a limited number of calls, especially when your business only has one hotline number. Too many calls and inquiries may become overwhelming. If your company already takes in a significant volume of calls, you should consider call tracking.
Call tracking is literally being able to “track your calls.” This process enables businesses to learn more about the behavior of their customers. They can also assess which of their marketing campaigns are useful in directing and generating calls to the business. Call tracking makes use of software that allows you to track your consumers in every step of the buying process. Using this method, businesses can determine what type of ads would work for a specific kind of customer.
Businesses may already be aware of who their specific target market is. However, there is still a need to learn more about the people who are included in the target market. Call tracking is the best way to achieve this. Through call tracking, businesses can:
● Determine which of the marketing strategies and business processes work: Using call tracking allows you to check each campaign’s effectiveness. You can also review if your operations are efficient. Once you are aware which campaigns attract consumers and which ones do not, you can change, modify, or replace them with a better marketing strategy.
● Assess which campaigns provide a high ROI: Using call tracking software from Fone Dynamics, businesses can determine which marketing campaigns generate a ROI, or return on investment. ROI is in the form of consumers who end up purchasing a product from you because of the ads you implemented. Through call tracking, you can know if your marketing campaign is worth every penny. Because you can gauge the effectivity of your campaigns, you can eliminate the ads that are only costing you money without providing results.
● Prepare for a broader demographic range: Businesses are now able to differentiate between their customers using call tracking. Using this information, companies now can answer each customer inquiry creatively. This means you can personalize your responses depending on the type of customer you are dealing with. This is also helpful in increasing your productivity because you can assign staff members that are experienced in answering specific questions, which allows you to anticipate your customers’ inquiries and provide answers quickly.
● Adapt to sudden changes: Customers are always changing their minds when it comes to what they want. Their demands and needs are never the same. Call tracking allows you to adjust to those changes faster. Since you now have access to important customer information, you can review your business. It helps you determine what your business lacks and gives you an opportunity to improve it to anticipate the needs of your consumers.
● Improve customer service: Since you already know what type of customer you are handling, you can already provide better customer service. Your staff can now manage your customers most common questions and encourage them to purchase the products or services that you are offering.
Customers have varying buying patterns, as well as specific needs and demands. Therefore, understanding these factors is crucial to your business. Your business can miss opportunities if you fail to know and study your consumers. With the help of call tracking, your business can have more opportunities to generate leads and increase revenues.
Author Bio: John Taylor is a long-time professional with over two decades of experience in analytics and communications technology. He works as the Senior Data Analyst at Fone Dynamics, a leader in call tracking, voice, and SMS communication. When John steps out of the office, he loves to spend time with his family and bike riding.