Febi Bilstein has been making the parts especially metal parts since long which means Febi had nearly several years of experience before the automobile was invented. It was Febi which developed and patented and produced the spring bolt, going into the world of automotive parts replacement.
Febi is an aftermarket and Original Equipment Supplier manufacturer that is what Tooley imports like to put on the cars. Febi Bilstein car parts are included in the kits because of their value especially the suspension components which is the speciality of febi. Febi costs less than genuine parts but they don’t sacrifice quality. The parts are made in Germany they follow a triple tracking system to monitor standards at each step of production and the parts are OEM quality.
Popular Febi Part Types
- Control Arm – They are a part of your vehicle’s suspension linking the car chassis and the wheels together and contributes to the vehicle’s handling, ride quality and stability when you are driving. Control arms have hinged suspension links with a pivot point at one side in the form of a rubber bushing. This gives a predefined range of motion at a fixed distance from the mount point on the chassis. While there is no mileage needed to replace the vehicle’s control arms, the rubber bushings get loose and wear with time so they need proper checking periodically.
- Steering Tie Rod – This is a track rod which connects the vehicle’s steering rack to the steering arm. They behave as a pivot point between the wheel assembly and steering system. Whether the vehicle uses a pitman arm and a steering box or Rack and pinion system, the steering tie rod transfers the steering input to the wheels. The exterior end of this rod is adjustable, allowing to change the rod’s length and to correct the vehicle alignment. As the ratio of the tie rod length to width is very high, the rod can bend under more than intended compressive forces. Inspect the tie rods after a small collision or any Road impact and if any signs deformation is shown then replace it.
- Stabilizer Bar Link – It is also known as anti-roll bar sway bar or anti-sway bar and it reduces the body roll of a vehicle during cornering. They help to stabilize the car while traveling over irregularities of the road at high speed. They act as a Torsion spring, joining opposite wheels. This connection is done using a short arm called a stabilizer ball. The ball joins at the ends of the link, joins the stabilizer bar ends to the outer control arms, giving a full range of motion to the suspension. A worn-out stabilizer bar link shows signs of knocking noise in the suspension oil when you drive over bumpy roads. Inspect the links for wear and replace them soon.
- Strut Mount – It attaches the suspension strut to the vehicle and the tire noise and vibrations are insulated. A number of strut mounts in front contain a bearing plate or bearing that acts as a pivot of steering.
- Engine Head Bolts – Most people buy many head bolts and the most famous brand is febi. The head bolts keep the head of the cylinder seals tightly against the gasket head and block. They hold back a lot of pressure, so when needed it is important that you replace them.
Febi has a span of the level of quality from premium aftermarket to original equipment. The quality is higher than the most aftermarket with a price point that shows this.