Nowadays, lots of people go for orthodontic treatments to enhance their appearance & go with the Invisalign braces since they find them highly effective & invisible to the eyes. But, before you get the orthodontic treatment, it is important to learn everything about it. In this article, we will look at 11 things that you must know before you get the clear braces.
Once-held stigma has decreased as many people accessed this treatment. But, let us not forget the value that society places on the perfect teeth nowadays! It makes a little sense that the people have sought effective ways of cultivating the pristine sets of the pearly whites. From different treatment approaches that are available today, Invisalign is highly prized. So, before you get Invisalign Tampa, there are some things you need to learn about.
- No manicures. These aligners are impossible to take away without the help of the nails, thus unless you are OK with the chipped nails, you can stick to buffing digits on painting them.
- Anyone can get it. There is one misconception that Invisalign is suitable only for younger people. It is not true! If you find your teeth to be in the right state, anybody will get them fitted.
- You have to rinse your aligners when you take them out. It helps to reduce the bacteria buildup as well as keeps the breath fresh, hence rinse them when you take this out to drink or eat, or brush & floss.
- You wear this for a significant time frame. Now, the first thing you need to know about it is the time investment needed! You need to commit to wearing aligners if they are going to work. Some hours per day just will not cut it. You can expect to have this for 20 hours daily, with around 22 hours being its recommended period. But, the good part is you (or everybody you meet) may hardly come to know they are there. After all, the primary incentive behind the Invisalign is its undetectable nature.
- Long nails are one burden. Getting trays in & out will be very tricky, particularly when you will switch to the new set. You will find long nails tough to maneuver. There’re small plastic hooks that you may buy that will help you with that.
- You will need the retainer after your treatment. The retainer can keep your teeth properly in place & keep it straight after the Invisalign treatment completes.
- Whitening isn’t an option. Particularly if you have any attachments in the place, teeth whitening isn’t the option until Invisalign treatment gets complete. But, brushing your teeth regularly & avoiding any stain-causing beverages can perk up the enamel a little.
- Invisalign is not good for everybody. There are a few orthodontic issues that are quite severe for the Invisalign treatment and might need you to get the traditional metal braces.
- Dental hygiene gets so important. Dental hygiene becomes highly important. But, it is of value during the Invisalign treatment, and where the regular brushing & flossing are important to your success. Failure in doing so will cause the food particles to be trapped between the teeth & aligners. With time, this will lead to damaging bacteria forming. The bad breath & yellowing aligners will follow. Hence, you will need to brush your teeth after each meal, before you put the aligners in.
- You might not require molds. Getting the molds taken for braces will be one important thing that can put you off from getting the braces again. However, orthodontist now makes use of 3D scanning system instead of the molds, thus you might not have to go through this. It must be noted some practitioners do make use of classic molds. Suppose that is a sticking point, it is worth finding the practice that makes use of the alternative methods.
- Invisalign treatment period differs for every person. Before starting Invisalign treatment, you must know how long this treatment will last. On average, it will last about one year for most adults. It depends on the state of the teeth and & much work has to be done. Suppose your teeth are a bit misaligned, and if there are 1 or 2 teeth totally out of place, it can last less than some months. In the same way, suppose your teeth are not in the good shape, it will last a bit longer.