There are five coaches that desperately need solid drafts if they want to bolster their chances of keeping their jobs. There is a lot of outstanding talent to choose early. Hue Jackson is the coach most likely to lose his job if the Browns perform below expectations. The Browns have just one win in two years under Jackson. Here is a list of five coaches on the hot seat.
1. Hue Jackson– Cleveland Browns- The Browns have just one win the last two years. The Head Coach is always held responsible in these cases even when the odds are too much to overcome. Cleveland has offensive and defensive playmakers after solid free agent pickups and trades, especially Jarvis Landry.
2. Marvin Lewis-Cincinnati Bengals- On the other side of Ohio, the Bengals need to get back to the playoffs. After four winning seasons from 2011-2015, Lewis needs to get this train back on track. Cincinnati won a combined 13 games the last two seasons. If Lewis wants to remain the head coach, this team better win at least nine games and make the playoffs.
3. Todd Bowles– New York Jets- The Jets have just two winning seasons since 2010. New York won 10 games 2015. The Jets won a combined 10 games in 2016 and 2017. The Jets need to at least win seven games in 2018.
4. Adam Gase– Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins have been mostly cold from 2004-2017. This team only had three winning seasons. The Dolphins advanced to the AFC Wild Card Game in 2016. Miami doesn’t have receiver Landry (traded to Browns) and running back Jay Ajayi (traded to Eagles). The Dolphins need to draft offensive playmakers to fill in the shoes.
5. Dirk Koetter– Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Tampa Bay has an arsenal of playmakers for the passing game. Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard are outstanding offensive weapons. Koetter should be in good shape if the Buccaneers draft a running back in the first round. Tampa Bay has just two winning seasons since 2010.