Conferences are usually organized for a meeting of two or more people so that they can discuss and give their opinion on a common topic or matter. Conference can be held for a single day or a couple of days. Many people think that a conference is like a convention, symposium or colloquia. At conference venues, many people gather together, the discussion is made on a particular topic, innovative ideas and information are exchanged related to the topic and venue of the conference is an extremely important part.
Let Us First Discuss, The Different Types of Conference Some of Them Are as Follows-
- Academic Conference- An academic conference is the gathering of two or more academician or scientist where the result of the research is being discussed and presented. It also conducts a workshop.
- Business Conference– The business conference is the gathering of employers and employees working in the same company. In this conference they generally discuss about the trend and opportunities related to the business.
- Trade Conference– There are public members who come and meet the vendors and new connection apart from businessman. It is a workshop or a presentation that mainly takes place in trade conference.
- Un-conference-. It is a gathering of all the knowledgeable persons having proper information about the topic and they discuss about the topic freely without the present of any speakers which are common in other conferences discussed above.
Points to Be Considered While Selecting A Conference Venue
You should book the conference venue on basis of number of people attending and the duration or length of the conference but there are other points as well which are:
- Wi-fi Connection– Wi-fi connection is very important and must be checked before selecting a conference venue because technical infrastructure is required for a presentation in a conference. It must include projector, audio visual facilities, phones, microphones, and speakers.
- Air Conditioning- The conference venue must have an air conditioner or room heater depending on the climate or the season.
- Meeting Room– The venue must have a separate meeting room so that the people who are going to join the conference can meet up in that room instead meeting in the middle of the conference.
- Catering Facilities- The conference venues must have proper catering facilities. It must provide snacks and meals to the people present at the conference. It must also have a separate dinner room where the people can have their meals comfortably. It must also provide dietary requirements such as halal, vegetarian dishes, sugar free snacks etc.
- Car Parking- The conference venue must have car parking facilities so that the guest can park their cars easily in the parking lot. If the venue does not have any parking facilities, then a parking lot must be hired from nearby.
- Location- The location of the venue is very important. It must have a proper transportation. If the people come from the other town, in that case, the venue must be selected near the airport or railway station.
- Security- The conference venues must have a CCTV camera and guards for proper security of the people present in the conference.
- Extra rooms- Apart from a nice conference room it must have a private and spacious room for the people so that they can stay in those rooms if the conference takes place for more than a day.
Before planning conference venues and selecting a venue proper planning has to be made which includes a list of people, speakers, seating arrangements and breaks for meals and refreshments. It is very important to assign a volunteer who will look after these things. So, these are the information related to the conference venue so if you are planning to organize a conference then this article will help you.