Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 both are two fat-soluble vitamins, mostly known for playing a huge part in how you assimilate calcium in your bones and teeth. However, they have some other important functions that increase exponentially when they work together.
There are many studies that have proven the increased positive effects on you by naturally combining them in your organism.
For this article, we will assess the benefits of the synergy in between these compounds.
We will also go through what you need to know in order to maximize its benefits.
Vitamin D3 First of all, in order to understand the potential of Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 together, we need to know what these components do separately.
Vitamin D3 is present in the fatty tissue from the animal products you eat, and you can synthetize it by having a healthy exposure to sunlight. It is fundamental to get a proper function of several internal biological processes such as:
- Enabling your bones to properly absorb the calcium you obtain from your daily diet.
- It enforces the effectivity of your immunological system
- Vitamin D3 has a series of effects on your cardiovascular system and heart health
- Manages your levels of Phosphorus in your organism
- Enables healing processes from minor injuries.
Vitamin K2 On the other hand, the presence of Menaquinone or Vitamin K2 in your body is critical for the good functioning of your cardiovascular health and the restoration of your bone structure. It aids to prevent osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. Amongst its benefits, we can highlight:
- Redirects calcium to your bones, preventing it to go to your kidneys or blood vessels. The deficiency of Vitamin K2 might result in the presence of kidney stones and/or cardiovascular conditions.
- Increases your levels of testosterone, sexual drive, and fertility.
- Regulates your natural production of insulin, balancing the levels of sugar in your body
So, why should you combine Vitamin D3 and K2?
By now you should already realize that Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 have several similar functions:
- Both of them play a major role in how your bone structure incorporates calcium on itself, so if you recently suffered a fracture, you might want to start having food with high levels of these nutrients. Also, spending some time out under the sunlight wouldn’t hurt. It is advised for people with osteoporosis.
- Cardiovascular diseases are not only caused by high levels of cholesterol in your arteries: they are often caused by the presence of calcium sediments that block the correct transport of blood through your body. Both Vitamin D3 and K2 are responsible to eliminate and clean your circulatory system, preventing potential heart conditions and strokes.
Together, Vitamin D3 and K2 have the power to maximize these processes. For that reason, the best thing you can do right now is to increase your intake of dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs (preferably boiled), fish (sardine, tuna, salmon) and also vegetables rich in Vitamin K2 like spinach, cabbage, natto, lettuce, kale, etc.
The Role of Calcium in the Equation Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 are both the major catalysts acting as Calcium sealers in your bones and teeth. Calcium is vital for children for children from infancy through their teenage years, playing a major part on their growth and development. Most people start presenting calcium deficiencies at certain ages and have a hard time at absorbing calcium in their bones. Not only they tend to have difficulties when performing simple physical tasks like going upstairs or lifting heavy stuff, but also a fracture usually represents a real problem at that age.
For these reasons, nutritionists advise having not only a good and rich diet based on dairy products, but also often prescribe supplements in order to balance potential deficiencies and prevent several conditions. There are some really effective and natural products that will help you compensate calcium deficiencies, and are also powered with Vitamin D3 and K2.
Fortunately, every time you have milk derivates like yogurt and cheese, you are already obtaining vitamin D3 and Calcium. You just need to complement your diet with vegetables rich on Vitamin K2 and a healthy sun exposition. This is not so difficult considering how many healthy recipes you can adopt into your routine.